looking for tech dive instructor in Boston area

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

fengz

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I am thinking of getting into tech diving, would anyone recommend a good instructor in the greater boston area? Thanks,

feng

Matt Marcoux, who co-owns the Daybreaker dive boat in Gloucester teaches AN/DP and Revo rebreathers. I have a friend who took AN/DP with him last year and recommends him highly. I haven't taken any classes with Matt, but I know him and would recommend him as well. Heather Knowles, who owns the Gauntlet dive boat in Salem teaches lots of technical classes and has a good reputation. Mark Bowers, who owns Andy's sport shop in Fitchburg can take you pretty much as far as you want to go and is a good instructor. Feel free to PM me with any questions.

Kristopher

Greetings fengz I would post in the Advanced Diving Forum and you will have plenty of recommendations.
Safe diving and one bit of advice check references of instructors and do a check out dive with them to be sure your personalities will work together.
Do not let the price of training or gear scare you but focus on the training and evaluate the quality by the skills you learn.
One of the greatest training environments I ever had was a mentorship!

CamG

Greetings fengz I would post in the Advanced Diving Forum and you will have plenty of recommendations.
Safe diving and one bit of advice check references of instructors and do a check out dive with them to be sure your personalities will work together.
Do not let the price of training or gear scare you but focus on the training and evaluate the quality by the skills you learn.
One of the greatest training environments I ever had was a mentorship!

CamG

Thanks, CamG. Will do.

feng

Matt Marcoux, who co-owns the Daybreaker dive boat in Gloucester teaches AN/DP and Revo rebreathers. I have a friend who took AN/DP with him last year and recommends him highly. I haven't taken any classes with Matt, but I know him and would recommend him as well. Heather Knowles, who owns the Gauntlet dive boat in Salem teaches lots of technical classes and has a good reputation. Mark Bowers, who owns Andy's sport shop in Fitchburg can take you pretty much as far as you want to go and is a good instructor. Feel free to PM me with any questions.

Kristopher

I second Heather Knowles and Dave Caldwell, top notch folks.

Back
Top Bottom