Manta Point Nusa Penida

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Well, all we can do is cross our fins and hope for the best :) As far as dive ops, we'll be diving with Bali Bubbles out of Candidasa, tentatively planning 1 day for Manta point, and a 2nd if the first doesn't work out....LOL. Good luck Froggie!!!! Hope you get too see some too!

thank you all for the heads up. One last question, which is the closest port/town to manta point I should head to? In Lembongan as good as Penida? it looks a little further away!

There is just a few backpackers accommodations in Nusa Penida all located on the north side of the island (at the west & east tips) : opposite to the Manta Bay & Manta Point dive sites. There is one dive center on the island, I do not feel comfortable to recommend.

Nusa Lembongan is much more developed for tourism (plenty of accommodations, totally uncontrolled development rate, ...) with 12 dive ops on the island.

Actually getting to Manta Point / Manta Bay dive sites takes less time from Nusa Lembongan than from Nusa Penida north coast.

Still you can stay in Bali : Sanur or Padangbai being the closest area to get to Nusa Penida.

I would personally recommend the second one, less crowded and sea conditions tend to make the trip to Nusa Penida faster.

Perfect, thanks very much Zivva, it looks like padangbai / Tulamben could be a good itinerary on Bali then.

Back
Top Bottom