Indonesia where to stay.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Boletus, sorry to hear your experience of Padang Bai was not as good as you expected. It is a small Balinese fishermen village after all, not a succession of luxury resorts like other places.
There are nice food options in town:
Depo Segara or PB Cafe for seafood.
Martini for Indo food.
Omang omang, Topi Inn, PuriRai or ozone for Western food.
If you want more upmarket food, Amankila or Alila offer great dining options for special nights and are only 15 minutes away...

---------- Post added March 3rd, 2013 at 03:32 PM ----------

For hotels in Padang Bai, I can recommend Puri Rai (50-60Usd) or Lemon House (10$). Book early since these are popular choices.
If you're looking for quieter options, check some of the guesthouses around Mimba.

hi.. i'm sorry! my experience was from 2008... now something can be different.... but we dont like luxury resorts... we travel on a budget... i speak in term of quality/price.... but i know its personal taste... :wink: my best remember of padang bay was diving at gili tepekong and gili mimpang....that worth the visit:D

ps:i remember we stay at the orrible mustika sari.... :shakehead::shakehead:

Thanks all for you suggestions, it's great to be able to benefit from other people's experiences. Point taken about komodo. I'm planning to land in Lubuan Bajo and look for a liveaboard there as I'm told it's an option to grab trips which won't cost me an eye (i.e $5000/week)
Anyone else would like to recommend a place? I'm not sure how much ground I can cover in one month but time permiting I'd like to take a look at Lombok although that might have to be for another time!

I'm planning to land in Lubuan Bajo and look for a liveaboard there as I'm told it's an option to grab trips which won't cost me an eye (i.e $5000/week)
!

Hi froggie01,
my wife and I went to Komodo 3 times and in September we will go there for the fourth time!
04.gif

We booked the liveaboard directly with the owner without a travel agency, so the price is reasonable.
As I wrote in other discussion we travel on a budget, we always looking for the best price/quality.

The owner has 3 boats all year long in Komodo.
If you have Facebook, you can see photos of the boat and of Komodo of course at this link
http://www.facebook.com/CrocieraKomodoAridive
The page is in Italian because they want to promote Komodo also to the Italian divers, but the owner is a
polish young woman and she speaks very well english and indonesian (and other 3 or 4 languages
11.gif
).
You can ask (also in English) some information on that page or if you prefer, I can give you the email address of the owner so you will check price and availability.

Let me know!

thanks,

I'm in touch with ola liana, I hope to find a solution, else I'll just turn up at lubuan bajo and hope for the best. I'll let you know!

froggie

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom