Rescue Diver.. Are You One???

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

No, no, not yet, I know it is something I plan on doing.
It is on the list of items I plan on doing. Ask the question again in the fall, I should have it by then. :book2:

Rescue Aug 2000. No doubt the best course I have taken to date and one that all divers should take for themselves and their buddies.

PADI Rescue Diver, Jan. 1988. Mostly I remember that the water was cold!
mk

Rescue diver, missed it by that much. At the time 1990 to complete the rescue diver course you needed CPR, which I took, the pool test, beach dives and of course the final exam. I completed all of these items and actually scored very well on the written exam. The last piece which I never completed was the first aid class that had to be taken at a hospital at the time. I am thinking that I now would have to re-take the whole class over again. It was pretty stupid of me not to complete that class but oh well I was only 21 at the time. I understand that now everything is done at the dive shop, can anyone verify this for me??? That being said I have rescued 3 divers in my lifetime. My most recent experience was rescuing a card carrying PADI "Master Diver" from a very simple beach dive. Not that I hadn't already dismissed PADI's qualifications, but this just proved to me that PADI is too quick to certify.

I'm planning to take the SSI Stress and Rescue class this summer.:book2: Can anyone tell me what they thought of the course?

Chillywill:cold:

'I'm Chilly Will the Diver. I shake until I'm blue.
My head is hot and my feet are cold. Ah Eee Achoo!
Now what about the divers along the Cozumel Isle?
I'll bet they're always warm as toast. They always seem to smile.
I'm always Chilly Will. I'm frozen through and through.
My nose is red and my toes are cold. Ah Eee Achoo!'

and sooner rather tnah later.

I feel it is very important to dive with someone that can offer assistance in time of need. I would like to be able to do the same for my buddy.

Ari :)

By all means, take the Rescue Diver course. It makes no difference if it's the PADI, SSI, or NAUI version, rescue diving will be some of the most valuable training you'll receive as a diver. Enjoy and good luck.

Warren

I have taken SSI's rescue class. It's a great class and anyone should take it. If you have reservations about being ready to take it or not, do it, and you won't after you finish!

am taking Rescue this summer...along with Nitrox and hopefully NAS I this spring.........=-) lots to do but still never enough diving...

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom