what gear purchase has made you irrationally exuberant?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I really loved having a drysuit. It was sooooooo delightfully warm and that very first year I made as many dives as in the previous 3 years.

I really liked the clean, free feeling along my front the first time I tried a bp/wing setup.

I immediately loved the way double tanks hugged my back and never swung their weight from side to side.

My fist cable light was so light, small and easy to hold yet bright as daylight itself. And cheap too!

If I had yellow jetfins I'd unreasonably tickled about them too.
My jetfins are black (also nice kit, INCREDIBLY EASY to get on & off) but I do esp. like the reflective stickers a friend gave me to stick to their bottoms.
When your surroundings are black as the inside of a cow, it's wonderful how well those reflective tapes show up. Also cool when design of the refectors lets you ID's exactly who you are following.
My husband disapproves of swapping partners...

NONE so far but I am still looking for it.

My Oceanic HUD mask. Love the fact that all computer info is in front of my eyes and readable night or day. Syncs up nicely on the home computer as well. I also really like my new Volo fins.

Good lord, I'd have to say just about all of it. My best purchase, I think, was my DUI TSL350 for $200. I'm still giddy about that when I think about it a year+ later. Hopefully soon it will be back from DUI with new silicone seals too, so it won't leak as bad around my skinny wrists.

Before I even went for my open water, the best piece of gear I ever recieved was my 3mm suit. I used to go swimming or snorkelling in the ocean and basically write myself off for the rest of the day. I thought I just needed to work on my fittness, turned out I was exhausted from the cold. Just that thin layer of insulation means I can go snorkelling before work and not be useless for the rest of the day. That and my wetsuit booties, no more painfully hopping over rocks to get to the good snorkelling spots.

In no particular order:

- my first backplate and wing
- my itty-bitty double steel 70s
- HOG regs
- pretty much everything camera-related I've ever acquired
- canister light
- Shearwater Predator
- drysuit
- the halo 3D undergarment (the first time I was really, truly warm)
- PINK deco/bailout bottle rigging
- dry gloves
- the AO cooler bag to carry and store my camera rig in

And last, but definitely not least...

the rEvo rebreather that is shipping this week (!!!!!!!!!!!!)

Upon re-reading this post, it appears that basically all my gear makes me feel exuberant. Yay!

Easily, my Hollis Neotek that I just got yesterday, been eyeballing it for months, finally got it with my tax return.

also, my heating vest was pretty awesome...

and my shearwater predator is pretty bling...

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom