South Florida Beach Diving Locations and Places of Interest

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Considering you seem to want to disparage Palm Beach diving at every opportunity, I think I will let you find out about it when it becomes nationally obvious.

Not sure why you say that, you needn't look far to read posts where I say that diving in our area is second to none.

Now Dan, you know that the county and the TDC have to operate in the sunshine. Meeting agendas and minutes are public information. If in fact the information you are passing on is correct, we can get it. I thought that you might just take a page out of my book and publish the link. I do this so readers don't think it's one person's opinion or that I'm just making it up.

Care to come clean?

I'm still wondering if we are going to see the Ultimate Diver Challenge. The county laid out money for that, I haven't seen or heard anything since the producers left town.

Not sure why you say that, you needn't look far to read posts where I say that diving in our area is second to none.

Now Dan, you know that the county and the TDC have to operate in the sunshine. Meeting agendas and minutes are public information. If in fact the information you are passing on is correct, we can get it. I thought that you might just take a page out of my book and publish the link. I do this so readers don't think it's one person's opinion or that I'm just making it up.

Care to come clean?

I'm still wondering if we are going to see the Ultimate Diver Challenge. The county laid out money for that, I haven't seen or heard anything since the producers left town.
Gee...how many posts back will I need to go back to see you proclaiming a great shore dive area of Riviera Beach as irrelevant due to high crime....and what makes this worse, is that you KNOW that this area of singer island has some of the lowest crime rates in the 3 country South Florida area...

Gee...how many posts back will I need to go back to see you proclaiming a great shore dive area of Riviera Beach as irrelevant due to high crime....and what makes this worse, is that you KNOW that this area of singer island has some of the lowest crime rates in the 3 country South Florida area...

No problem Dan, we know why you are unable disclose the TDC initiative. Kind of like when you were sworn to silence about the Ground Breaking Goliath Grouper Study...... That fizzled out like a wet bottle rocket too if I recall.

But come on now.... Let's try to stay on topic....

I'm reminded of your words about shore dives in Riviera Beach....
Parking is so far a pain....It may change in the next year...

for you guys, the best bet is one person must drop everyone off at the southernmost end of that perimeter road that paralells the beach.....

If you park there ( Standing) for more than a minute, the local Barney Fife "may" come along and threaten you with a ticket....

pre-stop first at the parking lot of the Ocean Mall, and have every one gear up maximally --far enough that on stopping at the end of the road, you can get everyone moving away from the car within a minute or so...Then, someone will need to park the car...best case, a non-diver that will hang out at the beach or ocean mall....worst case, someone will need to be hiking from the Ocean Mall parking lot, to the south end of the road...about a half mile...Yikes!! :)

And there you have it.... what could be easier than that! Just to dive on a few scattered rock piles.

Why do all that when the county has much easier and scenic shore dive options?

i...i dont mean to be rude or anything but....can you guys not fight about what ever it is you guys are talking about, and try and keep this thread under topic for at least a few more posts??...... maybe.......please....err

Does anyone know anything about the U.S.S. Compenhagen as a shore dive? i have read around that its ~ 1/3 of a mile from shore in pompano i think. anybody have details on doing that dive off the beach?? where its located parking etc?
[h=1][/h]

---------- Post added March 3rd, 2013 at 10:40 PM ----------

No problem Dan, we know why you are unable disclose the TDC initiative. Kind of like when you were sworn to silence about the Ground Breaking Goliath Grouper Study...... That fizzled out like a wet bottle rocket too if I recall.

But come on now.... Let's try to stay on topic....

I'm reminded of your words about shore dives in Riviera Beach....

And there you have it.... what could be easier than that! Just to dive on a few scattered rock piles.

Why do all that when the county has much easier and scenic shore dive options?

just as a side note.... I WOULD go thro that trouble...... but that's just me :) id do it just because its just another place to explorer

i...i dont mean to be rude or anything but....can you guys not fight about what ever it is you guys are talking about, and try and keep this thread under topic for at least a few more posts??...... maybe.......please....err

Does anyone know anything about the U.S.S. Compenhagen as a shore dive? i have read around that its ~ 1/3 of a mile from shore in pompano i think. anybody have details on doing that dive off the beach?? where its located parking etc?

just as a side note.... I WOULD go thro that trouble...... but that's just me :) id do it just because its just another place to explorer

No one is fighting.... we are just having a spirited discussion. You and others might be reading too much in to things.

The Copenhagen is a wreck on the Pompano Dropoff. Not exactly a USS ship, it was a steam ship carrying coal. It's between the third and fourth buoy (going from south to north). In fact it is just South and East of the 6th Street reef. I suppose it is possible to do from shore, but it is quite a long swim. On weekends, it is in an area with a lot of boat traffic. I think if you go to google maps, you can see the buoys and get an idea how far offshore they are. With that said, it is a great dive. The shallow depths mean long dives over a very scenic reef.

SS Copenhagen (shipwreck)--Florida Shipwrecks: 300 Years of Maritime History: A National Register of Historic Places Travel Itinerary

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom