looks cold this weekend

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

divingpyrate

Contributor
Reaction score
anyone know how cold the water is lately
we are bringing 3mm and skins

Sent from my A500 using Tapatalk 2

78 - 80

Norte expected to come in tomorrow afternoon - but that won't affect water temps, just air temps!

Highs in the 70s everyday, still nice evenings until midnight anyway - but a hooded, waterproof jacket is always good to have. I took one to Roatan in February once thinking I might wear it on the boat, or at the airport when I got back - but wore it to lunch one day. :cold:

If I were you I would bring a Surf coat or long dive jacket.

I was there a couple of weekends ago and used my surf-fur between dives and a 5/4 full with a 3/5 hooded vest underneath, but I am a cold S Floridian.

I used my boat coat a couple weeks ago. Lately no need. But a few of the people felt chill when the boat was cruising back if they had not toweled off. I use two wetsuits every trip, 3mm. The second dive I put on a dry wetsuit. My core stays cold with the wet wetsuit being put back on. I hate being chilly in the water. But I am always over an hour in the water. So putting on a dry wetsuit the second dive doesnt give me the chill back before diving in for the second run. And I'm a canuck also, apparently Canadians arent supposed to get cold in the water.
If you take a windbreaker from home if you dont own a boat coat that will do fine.

I like an idiot didn't bring a jacket two weeknds ago when the norte blew in. I was drenched by waves blowing onto melgar at night and it was cold. Everyone of my DM freinds had windbreakers and when asked where to get one they said they were all gifts from US. I tried to find one on the island with no luck. I found chamois jackets but no windbreakers. Bring one down and donate it to your favorite DM - freind for life.-lol

It was cold and wet on the boat today! We got out before the captain closed the port. Once in the water it was great. glad for Jeremy's jackets on the trip back!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom