Dual Survival TV Show

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I think the camera crew had a couple of coolers with Publix Subs, Beer and Soda

caught an episode last night about a diver that got some EQ caught on the reef and the boat left w/o him in FIJI (i know this sounds somewhat familiar for some reason). For some reason the "guy" ditched all of the gear and CESA to surface instead of staying calm & freeing the gear. was interesting to see them turn the tank & hoses into a makeshift desalinization unit. would have thought the corrugated would have melted in the heat- probably would after a while - maybe bamboo at the neck with the hoses feeding from it would be better. I missed seeing how the hell they got the tank valve off though!!!

lets see - the eq they had.. jacket bc,mask,fins,snorkel, reg with octo & spg, dive knife.
they had to swim down to get all the eq except for the fins which had washed up on the island. who would ditch their mask & fins?????????

Glad someone else posted this second episode. It was hard not to LOL when they decide to cross the channel between the two islands with the diver towing the other guy on a raft and while "fending off" sharks with a wooden spear. So ridiculous.

one question i just thought of -- if they were both stranded divers wouldn't there have been gear for both of them???? otherwise where did the other guy come from or his gear go? one idiot ditching all his gear MIGHT be plausible but doubtful - but 2 from the same boat? inconceivable!

also --- no safety gear? such as SMB & whistle? not sure outside of US like this is supposed to be but most boats down here require at least SMB, yes?

Back
Top Bottom