what the heck is it?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

gnominic

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
I just don't log dives
In this image, is the AEH a manufacturer's mark? If so, who? This is a filter housing.

IMG_0121.jpg

Maybe, but I was thinking the AH would be the hydro mark - next to the hydro date.

I'm wondering if I should just replace these. They lack any of the normal marks they showed us in VIP training, no alloy, no DOT. These marks on the top are the only marks anywhere.

They are expensive though, so if I can find a way around replacement I need to.

Looks like an American Bristol Filter but the serial #0041 indicates it was made in the early 70's, I don't know who manufactured them for ABI but several companies purchased them after ABI was sold and put their own labels on them -- Pressure Systems Inc was one of the companies. Aero Environment (AEH) may have bought some also but that is just a guess. IF you need to replace it I sell the 6000PSI 1 pound commercial chambers with the LF cartridge for $515.00
Jim Shelden

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom