Any tips for better air consumption/regulation?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

So I went diving Wednesday the 20th, and tried to apply a lot of what everyone had posted and used these new techniques to help with my breathing. We did two deep dives off of St. Andrews Jetties in Panama City Beach, Florida both dives were 71 and 70 feet respectively. First Dive started off with 3000 and finished with 1000, I actually finished with 100 to 200 psi above the rest of my dive buddies thanks to your tips. Second dive I finished with 900 psi (had a little problem when I started the second safety stop didn't want to stay down, because of the current I kept trying to float up, so had to use a little effort to stay down) but still finished around 100 psi higher than everyone else. Thanks everyone for your tips, Safe Diving.
Also viz was excellent around 40ft for both dives.

Glad we were helpful!

Also made my first big purchase for my personal gear today. Got the ScubaPro G260/Mk25 regulator and first stage with the Galileo Luna dive computer and the Seahawk BCD. Looking forward to diving my personal gear as well as my work gear

---------- Post added February 22nd, 2013 at 01:45 PM ----------

Again Thank all of you for knowledge and tips, it's making diving so much more fun and enjoyable. Glad to have joined the ranks of so many great individuals

I dive New Jersey with single 120's or 130's. I never have to worry about running out of air, only Deco.

Back
Top Bottom