GUE Cave 2 - short class report

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Yup, my instructor warned me about the slippery slope. There are many justifications to step just a little off the GUE path. Once off, it's so easy to rationalize slipping down a different slope :).

Oh, no, they've gotten to you too! Actually, that sort of talk really turns me off. In the end, I will do what is right for me.

The caves down there are awesome. Its an interesting mix of tight and huge. Still not as nice as our Missouri caves on a good vis day, but there is so much more of them. Work sends me down there every other month, so I feel obliged to visit JB as often as I can. Its amazing how much cave there is within 300' of open water. My last dive was about 90min and I never made it past the first breakdown (500' or so)

Last edited:
I can actually see good reasons to use sidemount, and one of them is that it's fun. However, I see the advantages of diving as a unified team with standardized equipment as more persuasive, so I likely won't change until the physical challenge of the doubles gets to be more than I can manage. Which is not going to be that far off, but I'm almost 60.

Its amazing how much cave there is within 300' of open water. My last dive was about 90 min and I never made it past the first breakdown (500' or so)

We did the same one day on our last trip to Mx. Enjoyed some of the most magical cave in that first 500 ft :). I love exploring all the jumps.

I can actually see good reasons to use sidemount, and one of them is that it's fun. However, I see the advantages of diving as a unified team with standardized equipment as more persuasive, so I likely won't change until the physical challenge of the doubles gets to be more than I can manage. Which is not going to be that far off, but I'm almost 60.

That's a major struggle I have here in Misery. There's not much benefit to standardization when I'm the only person within 300 miles that is standardized.

Congratulations, Kathy. Caves scare me lol.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom