GUE Fundamentals - It's go time!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

9. Find out what hours the laundromat is open.

HydroLodge is a great place to stay, but they don't have a drier, so if you have any leaks . . . you're wet until you can actually get to the laundromat when it's open, which is neither often nor intuitive.

Thanks, Lynne!

Good thing I've packed 2 sets of undergarments and 4 sets of fake under armour base layers! :D

I'm subscribing to this thread so that I can read and read again the advice being given! Have fun in a Fundies class? What a great idea!

Cyprian, I hope you're having fun!

10. Slow down! Slow is smooth, smooth is fast.

FWIW, the last compliment I got for my diving was that I went incredibly slowly.

I'm guessing you are in your fundies class this week, I hope it is going well. I am hoping to turn my provisional tec pass into a tec pass in a week.

For those putting off fundies until they get more practice, I will offer that my practice after class has been far more productive than my practice leading up to my initial try at fundies.

Good luck!!!

thanks, I have done quite a bit of pool time, and quite sure that I am ready.

Hopefully in two weeks, I will be opening a new thread "GUE Fundamentals - It's done time", or commenting on Cyprian's thread of the same title :)

Just dropping in to say that I have not forgotten about my promised class report. I am actually working on it now. I wanted to take a week or so after Fundies to write it and get in my first few post-Fundies open water dives for more perspective. Yes, I wrote down thoughts of the day after each class day, but again I felt it best if I took a short breather and thought about the class a little before jumping in immediately following the class.

I will say this: Awesome class, and awesome post fundies dives.....more on that soon, stay tuned! :wink:

I passed GUE-F Tec last week with Fred after getting a provisional pass in September. I really like how it worked out for me. I clearly didn't have the basic skills in September, and was giving things to work on, and more importantly how to work on them. When I returned last week, Fred commented that I had clearly been doing my home work and after demonstrating the necessary skills, the dives with Fred became more about going out and doing some dives as a team.

After getting my tec pass, I went out and did a few reef dives (first time since putting all the practice in on basic skills) and I was amazed at how much control I had to maintain trim and hold my position in slight current to shoot some video.

Congrat Nimoh on your Fundies Tech pass. All the advice given here is right on. I remember all the time put in for my Fundies class and for my re check for a Tech Pass. I'm now a Rec 3 (trimix) diver and possibly taking Tech 1 later this year. Looking forward to reading Cyprain's post fundies class report.

http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom