Scuba Tony - Cash Only

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

What does that tell you?????
I actually do not know. I try to avoid making judgements about how things are commonly done & such in other countries - aside from actions seemingly wrong enough to make news.

It doesn't tell me anything except that Tony offers a discount because he has his divers pay him in cash.

We pay in cash and don't have to pay taxes so save about 10 %. We'll drop about $600 off at the dive op and get a receipt as soon as we get there.

It doesn't tell me anything except that Tony offers a discount because he has his divers pay him in cash.

Just for clarity, I believe Ray and Pam dive(s) with another op and are not talking about ScubaTony.

Wow the pettiness of scubadivers is amazing. I am sure that Scubatony has employees with family, they need to eat, they need to have roofs over their heads, they need transportation, they need healthcare, they need their children in schools. And we need to negotiate a few friggen dollars so we can make ourselves feel good about ripping off these incredibly hard working people.
No one rips the dive shops up north about their prices or sits around trying to NEGOTIATE a few dollars from the owners unless they bring a boat load and might get a dive shop deal.
Seriously does 100$ matter that much to you people that you need to come on here and absolutely look like your world will cave in if you hand that over to someone who just tried to make your life better.

FD, I didn't see where anyone ripped anyone for their prices - but then I'm slow this morning. I don't think any Op on Coz overcharges for their services & terms; the market is too competitive.

Owners of dive shops in my opinion should not be on these forums promoting their shops and making snide remarks about other ops.
Oh, I am certainly glad some do post here, and I can understand why many don't. I was one of the divers who encouraged Christi to post here several years ago. She & I get cross ways at times, but most of those are misunderstandings. :cool:

Oh, I am certainly glad some do post here, and I can understand why many don't. I was one of the divers who encouraged Christi to post here several years ago. She & I get cross ways at times, but most of those are misunderstandings. :cool:

In a lot of ways it is quite brave of Christi to open herself up to a bashing on the boards. You don't see many ops willing to take a chance on sharing an opinion. These are 'Dangerous Waters.' That is a Paul Mila reference. If you haven't look it up on Amazon....

I don't get the negativity. Guy asked if there was an alternative to carrying cash. I said ATM's are expensive, and that Tony is passing the CC clearing charges on to the customer. No good, no bad, just a fact. I was corrected that if you have a BofA ATM, you can get cash no charge at certain ATM's. No where did any op slam another op, no one made any reference that Tony shouldn't pass those fees on (he is up front about it, other ops hide the transaction fees in their pricing), for the convenience of their guests. Ease up, folks. The question was asked and answered. No need to defend someone who didn't do anything wrong....

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom