GUE Cave 2 - short class report

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Congratulations, Kathy. I'm glad to see you continuing your education.

I leave here for a couple months and everybody gets cave training. Your profile pic even has you with a scooter. Geez, I'm starting to feel old, and incredibly dry. Congrats KD.

BTW, I've finally given into the dark side, and picked up sidemount rig, so hopefully my keyboard won't shock me when I hit send...

I leave here for a couple months and everybody gets cave training. Your profile pic even has you with a scooter. Geez, I'm starting to feel old, and incredibly dry. Congrats KD.

BTW, I've finally given into the dark side, and picked up sidemount rig, so hopefully my keyboard won't shock me when I hit send...

Thanks Tom! C2 was nearly a year ago! DPV1 came shortly after.

Great to see you here again! Hope you stop by more often :).

Not sure what's happened to the old guard that was here when I first dropped into the DIR forum 3.5 years ago. One friend started CCR class today, you're diving SM's, another friend just listed his equipment for sale today.

I'm still happily 100% GUE & see zero reason to stray :).

Congratulations! I love those caves too, looking forward to seeing them soon.

Thanks Tom! C2 was nearly a year ago! DPV1 came shortly after.

Great to see you here again! Hope you stop by more often :).

Not sure what's happened to the old guard that was here when I first dropped into the DIR forum 3.5 years ago. One friend started CCR class today, you're diving SM's, another friend just listed his equipment for sale today.

I'm still happily 100% GUE & see zero reason to stray :).

Missouri has 2 publicly accessible backmount caves. It has another 2 accessible sidemount caves.

I've also been going down to Marianna a bunch, and I guess those guys are wearing off on me. I'll never be as gung-ho as Edd and company though.

Missouri has 2 publicly accessible backmount caves. It has another 2 accessible sidemount caves.

I've also been going down to Marianna a bunch, and I guess those guys are wearing off on me. I'll never be as gung-ho as Edd and company though.

Yup, my instructor warned me about the slippery slope. There are many justifications to step just a little off the GUE path. Once off, it's so easy to rationalize slipping down a different slope :).

If you ever get a chance, I'd love to see some video. Keep in touch Tom & stay safe :). I've heard the caves in Marianna are beautiful!

Last edited:
Yup, my instructor warned me about the slippery slope. There are many justifications to step just a little off the GUE path. Once off, it's so easy to rationalize slipping down a different slope :).

There are pervasive reasons to step off the DIR path for CCR. There are almost no reasons for people who step off the DIR path for sidemount. It's mostly for the "I wanna be cool" factor. Although I guess that's Rule 6 so it may count.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom