Jet fins sizing

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

lambroskol

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Hello,

I just received new Scubapro jet fins XL with scubapro spring straps IMG_0788.jpgIMG_0789.jpgIMG_0790.jpgIMG_0791.jpg and i m not sure if the size is correct and i would like some help from more experienced divers.

I am wearing size 9 USA or 43 Europe Waterproof D7 Dry suit boots and the XL jet fins feel a bit tight and a bit hard to wear them. Also almost 1/3 of the feet is outside the fin and i m not sure if this is wrong, i am attaching some pictures.

I am wondering if i should order XXL jet fins, or if i should try a longer spring strap or if I should try a similar type of fin like Hollis F1

Could you please give me some help.

I wear size 11 shoes and I wear XL Jet Fins. My youngest son wears size 9 1/2 shoes and size L Jets. That said, your Jets seem to be fitting OK, just by looking at the pics. Jets aren't supposed to cover the bottom of your heel. XXL Jets would be way too big.

According to the size chart, XL is your proper size:

http://www.scubastore.com/images/pdf/cuadro_tallas/eng_scubapro_size_fins2.pdf

Does anyone knows if the Hollis f1 Large has larger foot pocket than Scubapro jet fins?

---------- Post added February 18th, 2013 at 03:04 PM ----------

Paladin thank you for your help.

Maybe the problem is because of the spring straps, they feel a bit tight, its almost impossible to wear them using one hand and even when i m using both hands its still difficult, also they push the front of the feet at the front of the fin maybe too much.

spring straps are Scubapro size XL, should i try a larger spring strap? do you recomend any strap?

That foot engagement looks fine for Jets. You don't want the pocket climbing up your shins. The bottom is barely longer than the top, it can't get under your heel.

If you haven't had them in the water yet wetness and kicking will tend to make them seat even deeper to where it sometimes takes some finesse or even force to get them off.

Speaking in terms of boot size alone is not worth much since the heft of boots and booties by brand and model can easily swing the size.

From what I can see the spring does not seem overly extended. It should take about an inch of extension to get over your boot, a little more if the back of your boot has a strap cleat. As you begin your dive the fins will conform to your boot and seat relaxing some spring tension and it all becomes seamless and comfortable. The behavior is quite different than the more common "plastic" fins.

Pete

thank you all for your help,

Dear Spectrum the situation is as you described, it needs some force to get them off and the spring strap is pushing the feet a bit, the spring is about 2 inches extended and a bit more in order to wear them. The boot is already touching the front of the fin.

I am wondering if i should try a longer spring strap. your advice would be very helpful. now i have the Scubapro spring strap size XL.

That does sound like a little more spring extension than I like. When I have made and sized custom spring straps I went for only slight extension when fully seated, like less than 1 inch.

Now are you doing all of this dry or are we dealing with wet?

If the toes are already making it to the front you surely don't want a bigger pocket.

Pete

Dear Pete,

First of all thank you for your help.

I m Planning to use them with a dry suit, Waterproof D7 pro iss with boots size 9. the toes are already making it to the front as you said, but i havent tried them in the water yet.

I am wondering if i should try a longer spring strap because the extension is for sure more than an inch, its about 2 or a bit more and maybe thats why i m finding a bit difficult to wear them.

It certainly won't hurt to try a larger fin strap. Perhaps the shop where you bought the fins might trade you.

It certainly won't hurt to try a larger fin strap. Perhaps the shop where you bought the fins might trade you.

I agree.

If you are stuck with them you might be able to add stainless steel S hooks. Just close them up tight.

Pete

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom