Little Cayman cell phone coverage

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Careful. VZW is never free for incoming (or outgoing) anything. Cayman carriers may offer free incoming but not US based carriers. And the OP has a US phone.

That is why I said "I think" instead of I know. I know it is 50 cents per text outgoing when roaming internationally, and less for incoming, just don't recall the amount. But certainly has been the best and most affordable way for me to keep in touch while there.

i didn't find that Skype worked too well as the speeds were a bit too slow for streaming.

We have Verizon wireless and set up international roaming BEFORE we leave the U.S. The cost is usually about $20 or less. My wife uses various services including phone and data. You must also cancel the service or Verizon will keep charging you.

You have to tell Verizon where you will be located. Once they set her up for Jamaica by mistake and she was even able to work that out from Little Cayman.

Phone use has been really good in the Cayman Islands with Verizon.

The charges are pretty exorbitant even with the International Roaming as there are hefty termination charges. Personally, I set up International Roaming but turn data roaming off and only use the text feature. I learned this the hard way after my first trip. Even though I didn't use data, active apps did, and the few brief calls I made were pricey.

Back
Top Bottom