My Socorro Experience

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

J Easy

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
I recently got back from an amazing trip to the Revillagigedo Islands on the Nautilus Explorer. The boat and crew were awesome! We had a great group of divers on board. The diving, for me, was out of this world. It was my first big animal/pelagic diving experience. I think I'm hooked now!
Watch in 1080p.

[youtubehq]m7mQwr5lolg[/youtubehq]

I enjoyed your video very much thank you. I'm going to be down there in 2 weeks on the Solmar V and I can hardly wait.

Is there any month there that has water temps above 80 degrees?

I think it may get close to 80 later in the season. Temps ranged from 76-73 degrees 2 weeks ago on my trip.

Yes, 1st part of Nov. We have a group going on the Rocio del Mar Nov. 2013. Our divers favor 80+ degree water.
However, no Humpbacks then. Hopefully whale sharks.

Nice job, Josh.

Very nice video -- I watched it all the way to the end, which I don't always do with home videos.

What kind of shark was that at about 4:44?

This trip has been on the list for a couple of years now. One of these days, life will free up a bit and we'll actually be able to do it. In the meantime, I can live vicariously -- thanks for posting your video!

Very nice video -- I watched it all the way to the end, which I don't always do with home videos.

What kind of shark was that at about 4:44?

This trip has been on the list for a couple of years now. One of these days, life will free up a bit and we'll actually be able to do it. In the meantime, I can live vicariously -- thanks for posting your video!
Thanks everyone for the comments. TSandM, that was a Silky shark. Socorro is really a cool place. I tried to do the trip 4 years ago on the Solmar V. We actually made the crossing and did our check out dive but had to return to Cabo due to mechanical problems with the boat. It was devastating. I'm so glad I finally was able to make it back out there!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom