Customs at Curacao

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

If you St at the front of the plane it could be 10 minutes but if you are at the back of the line, it could be one hour to clear customs, collect you bag and get through the scanner.

Sent from my Arc using Tapatalk HD

Over X/mas we landed in Curacao on our way to Bonaire. Not particularly busy but it took a solid 40 minutes for everything. If it were me, I would allow at least 60 minutes, 90 minutes ideal.

Every step of the process moved slowly, on island time and it took a bit to go to the cashier window and pay the new departure tax. If your airline is now directly charging that new Curacao departure tax, that will save 10 minutes.

A problem is that you don't know what the line may be at the Insel counter.
May be short - may be long and with island time the employees are in no hurry to process passengers.

Doesn't it depend on your flight? In November we did CLT to Aruba on US Air and then Aruba - CUR - BON on Insel. All we had to do was get in the "in transit" lines. We were on the ground in CUR for only about 20 minutes.

Oops, nevermind. I think I see the difference. You're going to CUR direct from US? So that makes sense, sorry!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom