Diving in Virginia Beach?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

TColJeep

New
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I'll be heading down to the beach in August and want to get in some diving while I'm there. Are there any other boats running out of the area besides the Miss Lindsey? Up here, on Long Island, we have several large and a few six packs, but I can't seem to find any information on VB/Norfolk/Hampton Roads boats. Any info will be appreciated.

I would be interested in knowing about this too. Also is there any shore diving in the VA beach area or the Delmarva area?

Lynnhave Dive Center has an operation but I have never dived with the. I was looking to do my first dives in the area with them too so if you would like we can check this out together. Captain JT from Under Pressure also runs a boat in VA beach area but I think he will be in NC at that time of the year.

LDC is the last of the mohicans here in VB as far as commercial boats go. Nice boat with plenty of room inside and out. JT runs here in the spring and fall normally but he is going to try to stay in HI as long as the season allows this year.

Beach dives can be done but there is nothing but sand and a few fish to see, if you can even see anything due to the poor vis.

Hit me up when you guys come down and I'll jump with you. I dive the Lindsey fairly regularly.

LDC is the last of the mohicans here in VB as far as commercial boats go. Nice boat with plenty of room inside and out. JT runs here in the spring and fall normally but he is going to try to stay in HI as long as the season allows this year.

Beach dives can be done but there is nothing but sand and a few fish to see, if you can even see anything due to the poor vis.

Hit me up when you guys come down and I'll jump with you. I dive the Lindsey fairly regularly.

Beach diving = Poor visibility. Randy, you got that right! I wouldn't recommend any beach diving off Va Beach. The silt from the wave action and flushing effect from the Chesapeake Bay make beach diving a no-go. There's only one dive boat based out of Va Beach (LDC) on a regular basis. There is a local tackle shop that will also take divers out. Atlantic Bait & Tackle off Va Beach Blvd - Tony (owner) is also a diver and will charter fishing or diving as a 6-Pack Charter. Never used him (got my own boat)

The only diving I've heard of in the area is the Chesapeake Light tower. I'll have to take a look the ones mentioned.

The only diving I've heard of in the area is the Chesapeake Light tower. I'll have to take a look the ones mentioned.

Light tower SUCKS and is for newer ow divers or spearos. Personally I have never dove it. There are a lot of great wrecks within a couple hour boat ride but all of them are roughly in the 90-110' range.

I am going to stop by and meet Tony today. Thanks for the heads up on that lil tip Will.:wink:

I haven't been on that side of town yet. I have some appointments over there in the morning and was going to stop in and talk to him.

Guys,

Here's a post regarding dive charter opportunities through Atlantic Bait & Tackle I mentioned earlier.

Will

***************ATLANTIC CHARTERS*****************

Deep drop & Tog walk-on’s—call for info.

Tuna trip specials out of O.i. & hatteras

www.atltackle.com Atlantic Bait & Tackle 3834 va. Beach blvd. 23452

**********CALL- 227-6333 FOR INFO. CAP’N TONY***********

"My 29 ft. hydra is fully equipped for diving so why am I not doing dive charters as well as the fishing charters I do? Good question. If your a diver interested in getting to a dive fast then reply to atlanticbait@gmail.com & I'll set up a diver e-mail list. Prices will be less than your paying now for the current dive boats but you will get to the triangles for example, in less than an hour. Should be able to hit @ least 2 wrecks a trip. The only requirement is you must carry D.A.N. insurance & I need a copy on file. So, if this interests you let's go diving! capt. tony."

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom