Blue plastic Voit DH

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

aquaregia

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Can anyone tell me anything about these? Are they on the "likely to be able to get working" list or the list of unfortunate others.

DSC_0184.jpg

Do you mean like this?
(image from vintagedoublehose.com)

From what I understand, there were two different versions of this regulator:

The VCR5 Blue Fifty Fathom with a Gagnan downstream mechanism, and

The V55 Blue Fifty Fathom that was similar internally to the Mistral.

As far as restorability, I think the parts are available and they are great diving regs as well as good collectors pieces.

If I were you, I would contact 2 people:

Rob ( Regulators USA ) who owns The Scuba Museum and is considered by many to be the leading Voit guy in the country. He also makes new blue cans for these regs.

And Bryan at VDH - Voit Company

Good Luck with you project.

Nahh, Rob just knows the best Voit man in the counrty. Right Greg:)

The 50 Fathom is def a restorable reg.

UH OH!!! My bad folks. I was really trying to help, so please accept my apologies.

I had Greg labeled as MR-12 Guru Extraordinaire..... However, Thanks to this post, I have now updated my list.

My first fins were by Voit. Not sure we ever had regs by Voit in Australia.

Nahh, Rob just knows the best Voit man in the counrty. Right Greg:)

The 50 Fathom is def a restorable reg.
I'm certainly no expert, but I have rebuilt a "few" of the downstream systems. Half of them have probably belonged to Rob at some time in their existence.

Greg

What has been your experience with the labels?

I have just found out that there were 2 different labels on the Voit Blue 50 Fathom, one like Dale posted above and one that was solid Blue with white lettering. Does anyone know which came first? Is there a pattern at all?

One of the shops I frequented as young lad in California had a blue plastic reg on the wall, and I think it was the split label like above, so, I honestly, have never seen the "other" label...

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom