Helium cost - O2 cost.....

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

manni-yunk

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
What are you guys paying for Helium?

My current gas supplier, GTS Welco (Praxair) sells me "technical divers grade O2" and the cost is reasonable (42 plus tank rent plus environmental fee). It isnt industrial grade which they have at half the price, but they will only sell me the Divers grade Since they know what Im doing.

And for the record - I have read Oxyhacker and everything else out there so I do understand the differences in GMP, UHP, industrial, etc.

The same place quoted me 210 for Helium - again technical divers grade(all of these prices are for a K bottle). Another supplier 35 miles away quoted me 110 for helium (uhp)and 25 for O2 (uhp).......
Why the price difference???

I asked several times and GTS swares that no one is going to sell it for 110 - even though I told them the place that is. The benefit of GTS is they are 2 miles from my house.

I am likely to switch suppliers even though its a far drive.......If I go through 2 bottles of He and 3 of o2 per month - the cost is so significant that it is worth the drive...

What are you guys paying?

$200 a T (300 cu ft) for UHP Helium
$50 per T for ABO

Delivered in Key West.

Last edited:
~ $240 for a HP T of UHP divers grade.
~ $64 for a T of O2 Divers grade.

Both come with an analysis cert, something we need to resell through the shop to keep the lawyers happy. If it was just me and Janet blending in the garage, I'd suddenly develop a "hobby"... MIG welding.

All the best, James

~$180.00 (T) for Industrial Helium. That was about a month ago. Prices are coming down a bit.
~$20.00 (K) for Industrial O2.
~$50.00 (K) for Argon.

K

21 for Aviators
145 for Ultra Helium

I am paying

22.00 for gmp o2
110.00 for uhp helium

Eric

In St. Louis, most suppliers are still rationing existing and not opening accounts for new customers. In November of 2012 - I couldn't find any suppliers willing to sell.

In January - I did find one. Ozarc Gas will open new accounts - and is selling a T Bottle (300 cf) of 4.7 grade Helium for $220. The same T Bottle of UHP Helium is $380. This is gas only - not including the price of the cylinder lease. :(

Hope the supply increases - and the prices come down.

Bjorn

I just bought 2 250cf tanks of UHP for 350$ each.

Back
Top Bottom