DivePhone: A Promising Technology

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

how big is it?

Electronic key fob, for modern cars. Less than 1" thick, 2" long by about 1" wide. I don't trust the plastic pouches to be water tight at over 60 feet.

In order for the "product" to be worthwhile, it needs to take advantage of all the smart phone features, like multi-media and GPS.

Dive ops that want to record & post directly to their website & Facebook, an example. Names of the divers, etc.

You are correct, we have upcoming applications but they are to be deployed after beta tests, but the application as it is is already worthwhile for diving medicine. The prototypes are delivered to DAN Europe. The results of the first phase of the research is published in European Undersea and Hyperbaric Meeting in Poland ""ECG AND EMG MEASUREMENTS DURING DIVING USING A PDA BASED DIVE COMPUTER: FIRST STEP INTO THE WEARABLE DIVE COMPUTER". This study incorporates the SHIMMER products developed in INTEL labs into Divephone system

One of the positive feedback came from Sharm doctors: They said that they have often problems in retrieving the dive profile of the DCS patient, because each computer has a different cable, different software, and they also often change the download SW. With Divephone you simply see it on the Screen of the mobile phone.

The Divephone is a living platform open to new Apps new ideas especially on diving research.

Please do not hesitate to contact us directly for your ideas.

I saw your ads on facebook: https://www.facebook.com/pages/Divephone/340446775970702?ref=hl

this gadget looks pretty promising but I'd like to be sure before I buy something like this.. It has been almost a year since this post of yours. How are things going on like how many of these did you sell last year? any upgrades?? we all know smartphones come along so far how about you :wink:

Last edited:
Take a look at this link from NBC. Although it is not SCUBA it highlights the possibilities, low cost and power of smart phones. I am sure this type of technology will apply to SCUBA as well. The potential is really unlimited.
NBCNews.com Video Player

I saw your ads on facebook: https://www.facebook.com/pages/Divephone/340446775970702?ref=hl

this gadget looks pretty promising but I'd like to be sure before I buy something like this.. It has been almost a year since this post of yours. How are things going on like how many of these did you sell last year? any upgrades?? we all know smartphones come along so far how about you :wink:

Sorry for the late reply, The Divephone is in the market since 3 months and have good customer feedback. You can order from DivePhone and see its performance Divephone - YouTube | Facebook

There is a discount by the end of this month

Back
Top Bottom