howdy from south florida

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

iamrushman

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
just registered with the scubaboard....just a quick note to introduce myself. i have been a avid diver for years starting out in hawaii and now reside in South Florida. i pretty much dive every weekend. just being underwater is the life for me. my motto being any dive is a good dive. beach, night,wreck,and deep are my favorite. my personal record is 102 dives in the year 2012. shooting for 103 dives this year 2013. my current certification is the PADI master scuba diver with a nitrox cert.

Iamruchman,

Welcome to ScubaBoard…the internet’s portal into Poseidon’s realm.:admingreet:

Your next of the woods is quite active here on SB...I hope you have a great time.

~Oldbear~

:bounce2::bounce::bounce4:

Welcome to SCUBAboard!

Good Luck & Good Diving.

Hi,

that is a lot of diving crammed in one year. I am in Lauderdale by the sea, around a mile from the pier and enjoy beach dives. Any dive operators you recommend should I decide to go a little deeper and do a wreck?

If you are keen on a buddy let me know.

Welcome

Welcome aBoard!!

@BF2....i also live in LBTS.....when i do my deep wreck dives i use parrot island scuba...its a six pack with a great cpt named jerry....i also do alot of beach diving in town..perhaps we can organize a beach dive in the near future for a meet and greet......what dive shop do you use?

---------- Post added January 23rd, 2013 at 11:16 AM ----------

thank you for the warm welcomes..

@iamrushman,

Thanks for the advice. I use deep blue divers as they are pretty close.

I am located more or less inline with the SS Copenhagen wreck and was going to make the 600 meter swim out sometime soon when the conditions are perfect. Parking and security here are no issues. Let me know if this is something you would be keen on?

of course...the ss copenhagen is a great dive with a history. i have done it a few times it takes about 45' to 1hr to make the swim....however this weekend i'll be doing a deep dive and going to the pompano marine / nautical flea market.... perhaps we can plan a dive with myself and other dive buddies the weekend of feb 2/3 weather permitting....

45 min, do you mean from the pier? I reckon from here it is 25 min at most (600 m as the crow flies). We have loads of free parking here and it is literally next to the beach. The building has a nice pool area so we could have a beer or something afterwards. A group of 4-6 people would be ideal.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom