Cobalt HP Hose - a bit short?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

fred3798

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Was setting up my new Atomic Aquatics Cobalt last night. It looks amazing. But the HP hose is only abut 24" and seems a bit short for me. I think the computer will have to come over my shoulder and sit on my chest. How have others found it? Is it a big deal to change the hose? Otherwsie, I can't wait to try it out.

The quick-disconnect can be taken off the factory hose and put on any other HP hose easily.

I am also a big guy and route it under my arm. It would be OK to be a little longer; however it has not been a problem.

Depends on how you mount it - for attaching the top of the Cobalt to a left hip D-ring using a tied on boltsnap, the HP hose is several inches too long.

I'm 6'1" and find that running the Cobalt hose under the left arm and across the chest, clipping the Cobalt off high on the right shoulder, keeps the hose out of the way and the data on the screen only a downward glance away. If you're diving a long hose and care about unclipping the Cobalt to use its compass, things get more complicated. Otherwise, just route the HP hose under the long hose so as not to trap it.

Thank you all.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom