Am I nuts for this..Diving.. yes Indeed

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ScubaSteve1978

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
Afternoon out there fellow divers.

So in preparation for an upcoming dive trip some friends/co-workers and I got together last night, and had a nice 2 hour pool session, where we went over buddy work, signals, clearing, cesa, and just all your basic stuff getting ready for the trip in a few weeks.

I know I probably came to this realization after my very first time underwater with scuba, but I love this sport/life style more than I thought I would. I think about it all the time, wish I was doing it every day, and kicking myself in my butt for not getting into earlier in life, but still so glad I'm doing it now. However last night my lovely wife, informed me, that I'm "nuts" for doing it.
I don't think so I told her. To me Scuba Diving is a sense of adventure, in atmosphere that not everyone wants to be in, so the community even though large is still yet somewhat seculded, you meet wonderful people who enjoy imparting their personal experiences, and knowledge down to new divers, which I think is completely awesome, because not every sport or hobby does this.
I also have to say that Scuba Diving for me, is an extremely calming event, there is something peaceful about going sub-surface, its like for what ever your depth and ndl are for that dive, all your cares, worries, doubts and daily strifes are washed away, it doesn't matter if its a 30 min ndl dive or 50 min ndl dive, nothing but the dive is where your at, enjoying that peaceful serinty of you and your dive buddy/buddies, the water and the natural beauties of that environment.

So call me nuts if you want, but I love it. lol

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom