Just got my first metal detector

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Have you found anything and what locations have you tried? Im taking mine to roataan in Few. Hope to find something there. Not sure where to look though. Big ocean :wink:
Was thinking of looking around the reefs, stuff gets pushed toward them i think depending on current. Or around the wrecks but im sure anything worth finding has been found already. Oh well, its the possibilities that are exciting :)

Hi ted
I disagree with anything worth finding is already gone , as far as places to look you mentioned the most obvious ,one more to check is if you are on sandy bottom and every so often you see all the small pebles grouped togeather check there the sea grades things by weight , so light sand with light sand and eventualy rings with small stones ,

Thanks Zerovis. never thought of that, very good advice. I will definately look for stuff like that when I do some shore dives. Any other advice you can offer would be great.

I've found a fair amount of dive gear around places that divers come in and out shore diving and where they tie dive boats off, stuff gets droped.good luck

Thanks Scott, im hoping for blackbeards gold but hell, Ill settle for a weight belt or two LOL

Back
Top Bottom