deco & calculus

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

voidware

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
I am doing a project involving deco for my calculus class (more or less explaining it and giving her some C++ source). I have Baker's papers and some other resources but nothing other than the dP/dt for loading in the calculus (which either I or my teach could've figured out on our own). What I am specifically looking for are some more calculus-y stuff to impress her and get an A. I know it's there. any help would be appreciated.

brandon

Hello,

May want to look at gap, zplan, departure and others. They have some info on the web about these. Think I also seen the old haldine formulas somewhere.

Ed

Yo void dude

I am not sure what's meant by 'calculus class' (I am not aware of the dutch equivalent for it). Sounds mathematical to me

However, I present lots of math on my site on decompression. Classical deco theory and VPM (workin' on RGBM).
Put some interesting links there too.

Did you see the Yount/Baker/Maiken c-source of VPM? Might give you some insight.... It's on the Eric maiken site

Hope this migh lead you somewhere...

Bye

Originally posted by voidware
I am doing a project involving deco for my calculus class (more or less explaining it and giving her some C++ source). I have Baker's papers and some other resources but nothing other than the dP/dt for loading in the calculus (which either I or my teach could've figured out on our own). What I am specifically looking for are some more calculus-y stuff to impress her and get an A. I know it's there. any help would be appreciated.

brandon

The calculation of nitrogen buildup in the body, a function of depth, time, and tissue, has to involve integral calculus. In a dive computer, I'd expect the integral is closely approximated by a sum, though.

I shudder to think that there is actual use for all of that integral torture I tried :hiding: to blow off in college. Does this mean I should dig out my old calculus books?

Of course there is Drew!

The only problem is after perusing Rick's link I've realized -> no matter how much I have already learned there is always twice as much I have yet to know. The only positive is no one is going to ask me to do all this stuff.

donacheson,
the fundamental theorem of calculus says that (best i can without symbols)->

the sum of f(x) from a -> b is the indefinite intregal F(b)-F(a)

you can therefore integrate f and you have an algebraic equation that you can solve easily.

thanks for all your help guys,
brandon

The article Rick posted is the Bruce Wienke article on RGBM. I found it hard to read without prior having some knowledge. After reading a lot on the Varying permeability Model VPM (the basis for RGBM) I now reread it.

Bye

ScubaJorgen:
Great web site. I just love the technical details.
mk

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom