cozumel to belize flight

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

rwe

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
Does anyone know of an airline that flies from Cozumel to Belize? I am looking for a way to get from Cozumel to Caye Caulker. Thanks,

I'm no expert, but from what I understand (and could stand to be corrected if in error), what you are inquiring about is not commercially available. You may need to go from Cozumel to the Cancun Airport, but then, again, I am not even sure you can get from their directly to Caye Caulker.

I'm not sure if this will do, but you can catch a bus in Playa to Chetumal and then take a water taxi over to Belize. Steve has posted a couple trip reports on doing that on the Cozumelmycozumel forum. And I saw an ad in the Tulum bus station featuring that trip via the bus. I'm sure if you google research it you can get the details.

I've never flown but I have taken the ADO bus from Playa Del Carmen to Chetumal many times. From Chetumal you can take the Belize Water taxi directly to Caye Caulker or Ambergris Caye, this allows you to completely bypass Belize City.

ADO buses from Playa Del Carmen to Chetumal (252 pesos / 20USD one way) they run very often and takes about 4.5 hours.
Chetumal to Caye Calker Water Taxi (~40USD or 75USD roundtrip)

Belize Express Water Taxi departs Chetumal at 3pm. If you do end up taking the ADO bus, make you sure get there in plenty of time to catch the 3pm water taxi since there is only one boat per day otherwise you will be stuck in Chetumal overnight.

http://www.belizewatertaxi.com/#!schedule/c22wn

Does anyone know of an airline that flies from Cozumel to Belize? I am looking for a way to get from Cozumel to Caye Caulker. Thanks,

If you do miss the water taxi no big deal. Holidsy inn in Chetumal...or seversl great smzll hotels in Calderitas. Taxi up to Bacalar and the cenotes is cheep cheep.

Sent from my GT-P5113 using Tapatalk 2

There are no flights from Cozumel to Belize. I don't even think there is one from Cancun to Belize City. THe best way to get there from here is as others above have mentioned - Macado posted great info!

There are scheduled TACA flights from Cancun to Belize City with a plane change in the San Salvador airport in El Salvador...

Cancun (CUN) to San Salvador (SAL) - Sun, Feb 24
LACSA 639Dep: 11:10AMArr: 12:50PM1h 40mAirbus A320
OPERATED BY LINEAS AEREAS COSTARRICENSES - LACSA Layover in SAL
1h 47m
TA.png
San Salvador (SAL) to Belize City (BZE) - Sun, Feb 24
Taca Airlines 414Dep: 2:37PMArr: 3:42PM1h 5mEmbraer RJ-190
OPERATED BY TACA INTERNATIONAL AIRLINES - TACA

Cost per passenger (including taxes & fees) 7,704.00in Mexican Pesos

You'd still have to catch a boat to the Caye, and I've known people who lived in Belize who say you do not want to leave the airport without approved taxis and organized plans, or a body guard. :eek:

So while it's possible, I wouldn't. The bus south connecting to the water taxi sounds much nicer.

I was in a group that had to make alternate travel arrangements from Roatan to the US after 9-11-01, and we had to overnight in San Salvador. TACA chartered us a bus and got us a nice rate at a secure, luxury hotel. The country has a higher homicide rate that Belize tho, albeit lower than Honduras, so you'd want to stick to secure travel plans - unless you are wild & crazy, hoping to survive to sell your stories.

To get home, I fly via AeroMexicofrom Orlando to Mexico City, then to Chetumal. Aeromexico Connect flys direct from Cancyn to Chetumal. I think interjet also flys out of Cacun as well...I dont remember any flights coming in from elsewhere. I fly private with a pilot friend a lot....you might could check and see if any private planes are going souh legally.
Otherwise I agree the ADO bus is worth the pesos for the ride. It is mosdef not your chicken bus.:D.

Back
Top Bottom