Thermalution heated vest

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

My wife and I are also planning to buy the same in anticipation of the colder days to come, as well as our scheduled galapagos trip. However, considering the cost, which is $770, we are also interested to hear some feedback from those who have actually used the same.

Anyone?

My wife and I have the 70M Thermalution heated dive shirts. Mine is the older model with sleeves. She has the newer version in sleeveless. We love them. I'd be happy to answer any questions about the 70M.

If you want to know about the Thermalution heated insulated vest (outdoors, not in water), the sellers at heatedwetsuits.com use them and like them. They are nice guys and don't seem to mind answering endless questions about the Thermalution stuff they sell.

Token, did you get it and how has your experience been with the vest? Specifically, did you get the 70, with the wireless controller? I have been having communication problems with it. It doesn't seem to communicate effectively underwater.

Hi -- I got the the 70m model with the attached controller switch, not the wireless. I've only used it once so far, and all I can say is that diving in a 4C mountain lake was a considerable challenge for the vest. [under a 5 mil semi-dry suit and hood...]. I could feel the heat on my back from time to time, but its effect seemed slight at best. Next time I'll wear the heated vest under a hooded neoprene vest as well as the semi-dry.

Wow, you are tough to dive in a semi dry suit. Anyway, thanks for the info. Since you are using semi dry, I would suggest wearing it directly against your skin and perhaps toggle between medium to high power. (assuming your dive is less than 90 min)

In a drysuit, I find it takes the cold edge off, but it doesn't throw off a ton of heat such that one can eliminate very much thermal undergarments.

Back
Top Bottom