Everyone is invited to Happy Hour at Blue Angel Monday January 7th

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

BettyfromToronto

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Hope all SB'ers on the island can make it.

Does anyone know if BA is wheelchair accessible from a taxi to the bar?

Thanks
Betty

Thanks Betty! I will definitely try to be there!

There are 2 levels of stairs from the street to the restaurant/bar area - but with enough strong guys, I bet they can get whomever it is up to the restaurant!

Man I wish I could join you guys. I really enjoy the BA Happy Hour.
You could get the guys from the dive shop to help you up those stairs, or just have happy hour at the pool side and let the guys bring you the drinks.
Have fun.

Does anyone know if BA is wheelchair accessible from a taxi to the bar?
I had that to deal with last time I was there with my mom's husband. It's not easy but it can be done; there are two flights of stairs and no ramp. The stairs are wide enough that a crew of four can lift the chair up backwards one step at a time while it is occupied. The staff immediately jumped in to help when we had to do it.

I would agree that it can be done, but it is very easy to accommodate the group either at the poolside, or in the lobby. That would let the person in the wheelchair have much more freedom and self control in the event of things like bathroom runs. Either way, I look forward seeing you all there. :)

I am so excited that we are going to have so many people there.

pxh100: I hope you can come now. We can find 4 strong men to help your wife. Right guys??

Christi: I was hoping you would come. I tried to find your shop in April & November but then heard you don't have a store front. Look forward to meeting you. As a busy dive owner I appreciate that you still always find time to help us here with our questions. Not even dive relate...like where to have Thanksgiving or Christmas dinner. :D

See you soon!

Betty

I am so excited that we are going to have so many people there.
pxh100: I hope you can come now. We can find 4 strong men to help your wife. Right guys??
See you soon!

Betty
Heather and I are planning to be there.
Paul

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom