Haskell 54961 AGT-7/15 Question

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Mike, you can just get the standard kit, which would use the same seals and clean the seals, then buy viton o-rings and clean them too.

I heard somewhere that Haskel were now outsourcing all their O2 cleaning, so expect the double price kits to possibly triple when compared to the standard kit.

For what it is worth, I did get the full Haskel clean O2 kit for my initial rebuild of the AGT15/30 but would get the standard kit next time and just replace the o-rings and clean with Simple Green Crystal, Biox or equivalent.

Mike, you can just get the standard kit, which would use the same seals and clean the seals, then buy viton o-rings and clean them too.

I heard somewhere that Haskel were now outsourcing all their O2 cleaning, so expect the double price kits to possibly triple when compared to the standard kit.

For what it is worth, I did get the full Haskel clean O2 kit for my initial rebuild of the AGT15/30 but would get the standard kit next time and just replace the o-rings and clean with Simple Green Crystal, Biox or equivalent.

Thanks buddy!!! Do you mind sharing how much you paid for your AGT? Thanks again!!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

I got mine for USD$2400 + shipping to Australia. It had been used to pump nitrogen in an industrial plant and had been driven by dirty drive gas. After pulling it down to every nut and bolt, I replaced both main shafts as one was scored and the other was pitted USD$500 each. Then I put a full drive gas kit through it and both sides got full Haskel oxygen clean kits including the 4 check valve kits too. While I had it apart, I decided to replace both the pilot valves too. I was filthy dirty inside, so I cleaned it all in a large 5 litre ultrasonic cleaner and put it back together. It all worked nicely and I've pumped oxygen to 220 bar plenty of times. All up, it cost me USD$2000 in parts to rebuild, which was a lot more than I had hoped for but at least I know that it is like brand new inside now. The nice thing about the AGT15/30 over the HI 14/30 is that you don't need an input/supply gas regulator as you don't suffer the same stall in the pressure ranges that we use, that the HI does. Of course, you still need to regulate the drive gas though to 150PSI max. I use an AE 415-5000 on the drive gas side with a ball valve and drive it between 50 and 150 PSI depending on how fast I want it to cycle.

Back
Top Bottom