January 2013, Cozumel

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Karibelle: We still on for Happy Hour at Blue Angel on Monday January 7th? Sail 'n Dive and all other SB'ers are welcome to join us.

I will be in Coz the 3rd-10th. Unfortunately, I am also the only diver on my vacation and it is my first trip to Cozumel. If anyone has any recommendations on dive sites or groups, it would be greatly appreciated!

Try looking first at Christi's sticky post at the top of the Cozumel List.
Then scan through some of the other relevant Cozumel postings for more recommended dive shops.
All the good diving is via boats. Many of the operators run morning and afternoon dives.

In my experience, Cozumel has many excellent choices for dive ops. I can't think of any that don't have at least one cheerleader in their court. Knowing what you expect from the operator would help steer you in the right direction. Things like Fast Boat, less expensive, location of where you are staying, big tanks, rental equipment needed, etc. A lot for a person to try and choose from. If it is your first OW dives after certification the suggestion of hiring your own DM for the first day or 2 is a good one. Also make sure you have Dan insurance. For me a lot would depend on where I am staying, of course most boats will pick up from wherever that is. Have a great time!

I will be in Coz the 3rd-10th. Unfortunately, I am also the only diver on my vacation and it is my first trip to Cozumel. If anyone has any recommendations on dive sites or groups, it would be greatly appreciated!

Dear BettyinToronto and everyone, Hi, Just wanted to say that we will be there, and it will be easy to find us as we are staying right at the Blue Angel and diving with them too; see you next Monday, Jan 7th, for Happy Hour and in the meantime, Happy New Year !!! Sail 'n Dive

(p.s. I think I am getting private messages but can't figure out how to disable my popup blocker on this work computer, so my apologies for not PM-ing everyone ...)

Karibelle: We still on for Happy Hour at Blue Angel on Monday January 7th? Sail 'n Dive and all other SB'ers are welcome to join us.

Happy New Year everyone!!!

Just emailed and booked with DWM... Can't wait to hit the water in a few weeks!!!

Their website says

[h=2]HAPPY HOUR[/h]Our sunsets are beautiful, and we make them even better by offering great deals for Happy Hour, every day from 4:00 to 6:30 pm!

So I guess we will be there shortly after 4pm.

See everyone there!

Betty

Greetings, pxh 100!

Seawolf5 (Julio) here, I'll be @ Hotel Coz from the 3rd to the 13th, will use DP for the firs 3-4 days, see you on the boat!

---------- Post added January 1st, 2013 at 01:36 PM ----------

Hello, MN Lakeman!

Julio (Seawolf5) here! I'll be at the Hotel Coz from the 3rd to the 13th w/ DP, and a dinner gathering sounds good!

---------- Post added January 1st, 2013 at 01:38 PM ----------

Greetings, budaman!

Seawolf5 (Julio) here!

Will be @ Hotel Coz from 3-13. Happy Hour and/ or dinner sounds hooah!!! see you there!

---------- Post added January 1st, 2013 at 01:43 PM ----------

Greetings, sidne!

Seawolf5 (Julio) here. Will be @ Hotel Coz from 3-13 diving w/ DP. Congratulations to your niece on her achievement, well done! See you in the water!

---------- Post added January 1st, 2013 at 01:45 PM ----------

Hello, newgentry!

Julio (seawolf5) here. Will be at the Hot Coz 3-13 splashing w/ DP, see you on the boat or after!

---------- Post added January 1st, 2013 at 01:50 PM ----------

Hello BettyinToronto!

Seawolf5 (Julio) here. Happy Hour here I come!!!

Hi Julio!
Happy New Year!
Sorry I am missing you again this time...

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom