Any wet suit recommendations for my tall daughter?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Look into trying the brand Hyperflex. They are made for Surfing and kite-surfing, so they are sized for the athletic build. I imaging a mens large would be perfect for her. I just love mine! Fits like a glove, streamlined, and reenforced at all the right spots. Works Great for diving. In fact it worked great for winter dhingy racing as well!

Good luck
R

3rd vote for wetwear. Very price competitive and _ I gotta tell you that these folks telling you that this or that mans suit or whatever will work mean well but - seriously? Your telling her what to buy with only the op's brief comments???? Glad most include "tell her to try". I can't tell you how much bettter the wetwear fits. Just a different world. If you have not found an off the rack perfect fit then don't buy one that doesn't "quite make it". Go custom. My .02

I certainly won't advice a men suit or suits meant for for something other then diving cus of the fitting and the materials used.

Non diving suits like surfing, water board or water skiing are designed with flexibility and warmth rather then using materials with compressions in mind.

A surfing suit could compress more and loose it's insulation properties at depths more so then standard dive suits.

I certainly won't advice a men suit or suits meant for for something other then diving cus of the fitting and the materials used.

Non diving suits like surfing, water board or water skiing are designed with flexibility and warmth rather then using materials with compressions in mind.

A surfing suit could compress more and loose it's insulation properties at depths more so then standard dive suits.

You guys are right, i should not have mentioned mens sizes, its just what, as a guy, comes to mind...

never considered the compression aspect. there could be a difference there. the hyperflex suit i have is 3 on the arms and the rest is 5. I absolutely love diving it. this is in water ranging from 50 at depth to 70's. i own another full 7 mil suit, made for scuba, and only use it after a long si when i dont feel like putting a cold wet suit back on. the hyperflex just fits me so much better, moves well, quality!

I honestly couldnt care less if at 100' it performs .5% poorer than another material might.

anyway, you do raise good points, and i did only write, "look into trying" one

---------- Post added December 18th, 2012 at 11:17 PM ----------

Look at the context... the young lady is looking for a 3 mil shorty.

doesnt seem that exceptional insulation is the top priority...

Look at the context... the young lady is looking for a 3 mil shorty.

doesnt seem that exceptional insulation is the top priority...

Not exactly, daddy's looking for a shorty for his daughter however, he did mention getting something warmer in the future. I recommended that he just forgo the shorty and go full anyway.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom