Any wet suit recommendations for my tall daughter?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

tpsde2003

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
I'm really stumped. I have a very tall 18 yr old daughter she's 6' & about 140-150. I'd really appreciate any suggestions. She has a Roxy 2 mil full that is the best we could find several years ago. I'd like to get her a shorty at least & possibly something thicker down the road. I use Thermoprene for the stretchy nature of the material, would this be the bast choice?. My 6'3 140lb son has a Bare that he wears a vest under & its still baggy. I really don't want custom at this time & am hoping for some advice. Thanks

Girls have curves and the best solution is a wet suit built for her. They don't cost that much more than an off the rack suit, but they do take a bit longer for delivery. My wife swears by her Monterey Bay Wetsuit, custom built for her curves.

Try Oceanos Wetsuits for a custom. I found their custom price delivered from Greece competitive with off-the-rack suits here that are not as well made. Don’t be turned-off by their Web site which indicates a much more limited range than they actually offer.

Just E-mail Spiros what you want. I have a 7mm 2-piece freediving suit and am waiting for delivery of a 3mm 2-piece Scuba suit. They also offer one-piece back-zip. Make sure you indicate that the suit is for Scuba instead of freediving (different material). There is no comparison to a custom suit, especially for a female.

I'm really stumped. I have a very tall 18 yr old daughter she's 6' & about 140-150. I'd really appreciate any suggestions. She has a Roxy 2 mil full that is the best we could find several years ago. I'd like to get her a shorty at least & possibly something thicker down the road. I use Thermoprene for the stretchy nature of the material, would this be the bast choice?. My 6'3 140lb son has a Bare that he wears a vest under & its still baggy. I really don't want custom at this time & am hoping for some advice. Thanks

Looks like your entire family is the tall lanky kind. If a bare is baggy on your son and your daughter is nearly as tall your best bet are slim fitting wetsuits like Scubapro, Pinnacle or Henderson.

I would also recommend that you just go get a full jumpsuit instead of a shorty as you get a lot more protection and whats the point of getting a shorty now and a full suit later? Just my 2 cents.

I'm 180cm and lanky too, other then these brands most fit badly and baggy. A stretchy neoprene like elastiprene, everflex or Thermoprene.

A store that allows for exchange would be really helpful as from your description, you are going to be doing a lot of trial and error.

I too would second the recommendation of a custom wetsuit as it really isn't that much more expensive if any.

Cheers

you may also want to check out camero wetsuits. they seem to built for people who unlike me are tall and athletic or tall and thin. Good looking and functional. Sierra Trading Post sometimes has overstocks.

Wetwear! Custom to your needs, and quality materials. Give Connie a call, she knows her stuff.

My wife is 6' tall and prefers Henderson. She has the older hyperstretch but their new line should fit the same. These are off the rack suits.

Have you looked at Pinnacle's size charts ????......She may fit a male Tall.......

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom