Can you wear a gel bikini whilst scuba diving?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Ok but really, the followup questions are "what lipstick stays on underwater" and "what hairstyle looks the cutest underwater". If looking good is your main concern...find a new activity.
Pretty much. With the combined effects of Scuba Hair, Mask Face and the residual snot that gets on your nose and lip from equalizing, looking stunningly attractive immediately after surfacing is a low probability event, regardless of lipstick, etc.

a) so you're lying when you tell me how fetching & adorable i look after a dive?

b) aren't you supposed to be working?

Lol the truth finally comes out! I won't add fuel to the fire... not! Lol

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

Pretty much. With the combined effects of Scuba Hair, Mask Face and the residual snot that gets on your nose and lip from equalizing, looking stunningly attractive immediately after surfacing is a low probability event, regardless of lipstick, etc.

I have to admit, I own waterproof mascara specifically so I can still look a LITTLE cute after diving - clearly AFTER cleaning up the "swamp monster" snot look.

To answer the OP's question - your gel will be fine, but be careful of the wardrobe malfunction. I also find Bikini's with strings that hang down to be a pain in the neck because the strings get caught in my wetsit zipper - but YMMV.

One of my father's favorite stories from 20+ years ago was diving somewhere in the caribean with a lady who dove without a wetsuit, and topless :)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom