Lake Jocassee update

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

What the heck is a canoe ramp......vis-a-vis a kayak ramp?

where is this all going in ? I have not been up to Jocassee in a while . so I am a little uninformed . can you fill us all in on the latest
As you know, they (Duke) rebuilt the divers ramp last winter and now they are doing the kayak, canoe, or non motorized ramp, left at split instead of right, this winter. That is the reason that the lake has been down 25-30 feet all year. As I understand, once these projects are finished, the level will go back up.

The last time I was there, visability was pretty good. I was last there for the holloween dive and vis was 20+ feet. Going out with LJDS?

I totally forgot to post this from the LJDS Halloween Dive this year.

For those who haven't been to the lake in awhile.....your missing out! I went 3 weeks ago and last Saturday with LJDS, and the visability at the wall has been outstanding! Water temps last Saturday was 57 top to 100', visability 35+ feet....from the deck of the junk, you could see the surface!

Is divers ramp closed?

Back
Top Bottom