Virginia Beach dive Dec 1

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Randy g

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Quick report on dive conditions off Virginia Beach, 25 miles offshore we had 5-15' vis and temps in the mid-low 50s.

We hit the Edgar Clark and Trepka on saturday with Will (aka Wil on sb) and his go fast, Freedom. Along with another dive buddy Mike, we dared the cold and jumped in anyway. Hoping for bugs and flounder...........this newbie hunter blanked.:( The two seasoned uw hunters came back with dinner for the families. Mike took home a couple of nice Togs and Will snagged the lone bug for the day.

Thankfully I have a loving and understanding better half and she told me that even though I did not bring home dinner, that blowing bubbles on Dec 1 was very cool!

And I agreed! :cool2:

Randy,

It was a great day with friends. Couldn't have asked for a nicer day on the water. I had 51 deg on the bottom, not too cold for the committed. We'll have another chance soon I hope. Want bugs? I know where we can go...

Will

In! :D

It's always a good time diving with you and Mike. Easy fun days with great dive locations. Having James on board was handy as well and jumped right in helping us. He made a great boat bitch!:wink:

Now that is a dive report I have been waiting for. When is your next dive guys?

Are you guys local? Diving private boat? Charters? I'm always looking for new dive buddies, and willing to chip in on gas.

Are you guys local? Diving private boat? Charters? I'm always looking for new dive buddies, and willing to chip in on gas.

VB locals diving off a private boat.

I am always up for a dive Tom. If you ever need a buddy I have a dozen tanks full and ready to go. Dive boats are getting pretty scares around here. We are down to 2 charters with LDC and Underpressure.

I contacted LDC and was told that their boat is out of water till next year. I have been wanting to dive Virginia waters for quite some time now. Id love to chip in with gas and other expenses if you guys think you can use a buddy.

I'm an instructor out of Hampton, so yeah the local charter scene sucks. I've always got tanks filled and ready to dive, let me know if you guys need another diver one of these days. I'm pretty much wiling to do any dive( wreck, spearing, bug hunting, whatever.). Driving to NC to do a two tank dive is exhausting.

If you guys want to do a dive before the year ends, I am game. Weekend of the 15th is the only weekend that I am booked. Any other weekend is fine. I do mostly underwater photography.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom