What is the most daft thing you have took down or brought up from a Dive

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

That's what we always think - rarely does a car end up in a lake because of a "pure" accident!

We actually get quite a few calls for this very thing (I work for a Sheriff's Dept), usually the driver is intoxicated when the car runs away. This guy, though, had the hatchback open and was messing with his fishing pole, when away it went. Keys were in the car, transmission in neutral when I got to it. Was only in about 20' of water, but vis was about 1-2' so it took awhile to find. Found a bunch of debris and followed the debris trail.

Well my dad and I were doing a clean up dive so we expected to find some of the usual stuff. Bottles, cans, wrappers etc. Well I turned away from my dad for a sec and when I turned around and he was holding up a pair of sexy womens underwear. I burst out in laughter. You should have seen the bubbles come out of my reg. :giggle: I believe we got second price for the craziest peice of garbage.
Just as a side note we pulled up two fifty gallon bags full of beer bottles and a little trash all in one tank of air. Thats how much there was. The sad thing is that we just scratched to surface, but we will keep picking away at it.

During a beach/reef cleanup, we brought up a "Hello Kitty" toy piano. Don't know how long it had been down there, but it still worked! Stunk to high heavens though! Haven't found anything really interesting other than that. Except coke bottles from WW2..but they are worth bringing up!

Brought a cue ball from a pool table out of an Indiana lake. Golf balls I can understand but a cue ball:confused:
Ber :bunny:

One time in a local lake I found a kids fishing rod.
I picked it up and started reeling it in!
All of a sudden the line starts pulling?
Ends up a real big bass was on the hook!!
I reeled him in 60 feet down and let him go :)
On the same dive I found a socket with a spark plug in it!!
Bad day for someone.
Rick L

Way back in the dark ages I took a crossbow down to hunt catfish.

I once fired a borrowed 12 ga double barrel "goose gun" with a loose sear. Unknown to me was that if both external hammers were cocked, when the right barrel wet off, it took the left one with it! That shotgun made me sit down hard in the goose blind! The recoil from that thing felt like a .22 compared to the recoil from that crossbow. I fired it once underwater, then completely amazed that my shoulder was by some miracle still intact considering the pain involved, I brought it back to the beach, with the fish! The bruise went away in a couple months.

:arrow:

FT

Originally posted by VTWarrenG
What exactly is a fart bomb?? :confused:

- Warren

The ones I am familiar with are a small foil packet with chemicals in it. Works like a glo-stick. Just squeez the bag to break the inner container and the chemicals mix forming a noxious smelling gas. The foil bag swells up and then pops.

TADA! Fart-Bomb! PHEW! Novelty stores sell them for about 50 cents each.

I know a girl who mailed one to her brother along with a check. Since he likes practical jokes, she figured he would use it on one of his friends.

He evantualy called and asked where the check was and she realized, to her horror, what she had done. Bear in mind that this is a girl who absolutely refuses to spit in her mask as "it's not ladylike".

Some poor mailmain, or the stamp cancelling machine, must have triggered ..."THE BOMB"...

Eventualy, her brother received a large, manilla envelope in his mailbox containing the torn remains of the envelope and a stinky check...

She mailed him a new, non-boobytrapped, check.

The best part is that her father has been a mail carrier for over 20 years... He thinks the story is one of the funniest things ever.

Originally posted by Drew Sailbum
One item I have regularly seen going down with a diver is a pack of cigarettes in a little dry box!?!? :huh:

Can anyone explain how that works underwater? :confused:

As far as the most daft thing I've brought up... :hmmm: probably the sliced open bank bags that had been tossed in the lake by the robbers.

i've seen these little gizmos that enable you to smoke underwater ..its like a casing you put your sig into before you go down (you have to light it tho of course)....i don't really like smoking..i think its a bad habbit!!!!
but still i thought it was funny!!! :D

Maybe I'll open a dive shop and charge people $50 extra to add some carbon monoxide, nicotine, and tar to their airfills. This way, they can scuba dive AND smoke at the same time!

Divers who smoke: what a bunch of retards.

- Warren

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom