Recent Lake Pleasant conditions/reports

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Thanks for the info AAA!!!

I'm hoping to dive on the 13th. Anyone going to be out there?

Just completed 2 days of diving out at Tech Island and conditions were pretty good considering the time of the year. We had 80 degrees on the surface with two noticeable thermoclines, one at 50' where the temp dropped to about 74 and again at 70' where we recorded 64 degrees. Although dark at 100' we still had over 20' of visibility. Saturday after the clean up and burgers we headed to Tech Island for a full moon night dive, same conditions but it is just a blast to be out on the water on a full moon!

Depending on where you dive conditions are still pretty good at the lake, get out and enjoy the diving!

​Was at the end of the road at Desert Tortoise yesterday afternoon. Temp was 76* on the X1 down to about 62'. Below that was 70*. Viz in most spots was about 7 feet. Many areas of zero though. Light penetration below 50' is very poor right now. At 80' it was almost gone.

The lowest water level of the lake exposed a road at Spring Canyon landing, just next to Vista Point.
Possible to park the cars there.
That's where i dove today, for two short dives, together with Steve & Bill.
Vis sucks! (2ft at the most).
Water temp though is round 75f, no theromcline.
The deepest we dove was 40ft.
Sometimes we were together and the next moment we've lost each other.
That's when my buddies rediscovered the 18' wreck, that I wanted so bad to see.
I dove with Shorty 2mm, and it was not that cold.
I had a very good company as well as good buddies.
Buddies stryed for additional dive/s there after I left (Maybe they found treasure)...
I would like to mention the great service I get from Saguaro Diving Shop for the last 4 years!
Thanks, Gilad

Dove the point at the end of the road at Spring Canyon Landing this morning with Steve, Gilad and John. Water temp was 72 degrees and visibility was a cloudy 10' to 15'. No thermocline. The first dive was to the south of the point in the direction of the old dam. We went down to about 90' however, we didn't run into the dam. The second dive was to the west of the point. We anticipated a big drop-off upon entering the water however, what we found was a gradual slope down to about 50'. At about 50' we passed over a 4' to 5' concrete retaining wall running from north to south.

Bill

Dove last Saturday down the road at Spring Canyon landing, just next to Vista Point. While I was there the water level rose about 15". Vis was about 25' down to 70' where it started getting dark. Temp at 70' was about 68. The water appears to be getting clearer with the drop in temp and rising water level. Can't dive tomorrow but may try to go Sunday morning. I'll try to report what I find then.
Bruce

Dove Spring Canyon Landing this morning with Steve (ScubaSteve2000). Beautiful morning out at the lake. The water level is up maybe 3' to 4'. Unfortunately, the road out to the point is now gone (i.e. submerged). First dive was due north to about 48'. Below that, there is no visibility what-so-ever. We both dove in 7mm suits with hoods and were just fine. Second dive was in the direction of the boat ramp and then down the rail. Visibility at depth was a bit better.

Always a pleasure diving with Steve.

Dove Spring Canyon Landing this morning (12/01/12) with Steve. Water level is up another 4' to 5'. Water temp. was 64 degrees - visibility is a cloudy 15' to 20', depending on depth. First dive was due north to the inverted wreck. Second dive was to the rail and over the boat ramp to the wall at Vista Point. Morning boat traffic is very light.

Back
Top Bottom