Live aboard options Mona and Desecheo Islands?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

chauncy19

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Wondering if there is a live aboard that goes to these islands? very interested in diving options for them.
thanks for any insight.

chauncy19,
the s/v juliet took me to these islands a few years ago.
she is a liveaboard.
there are some land based ops that go to desecheo for a day trip.
the diving was good on these two islands.

There is no regular operator that goes to Mona. You would have to charter something and to my knowledge there are no liveaboard operators out of Puerto Rico. Taino Divers out of Rincon, puerto Rico offers daily trips to Desecheo.

thanks for the info. guess if I do Mona will have to organize something. otherwise day trips to Desecheo is only way to go. is there a better or best time of year to go to either of these islands? I am guessing the Mona passage can be rough.
Fr8dawg--any places you recommend staying in or near Rincon? I will also ask Taino divers if they have any recommendations too.
thanks again!

Chauncy,

The M/V Spree did a Mona trip in 2012. When I asked Frank about one in 2013 (I asked in June) he said it was pending, not sure yet if it would happen or not.

I would check with him. I'd like to be on that trip if it happens.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom