What is Scubaearth.com ?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Shipwreckscanada

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
According to PADI’s Sport Diver magazine special edition “The World’s Best Diving and Resorts” it says that in about 50 days they will be coming out with a new on line feature called scubaearth.

ScubaEarth

The magazine said that we can track our certificates, find dive sites and share digital logbook information. I did find some information that it will be a Google Earth type site that we can upload information on local diving.

Does anyone have information about this? And do you think it’s something you would use?

It's an expansion of the old My PADI system. Online dive log, dive site/shop directory, equipment inventory, certification history, certification goals/tracks. They went over it at DEMA, not sure if I'll use it much personally but worth checking out when it launches.

A site like the one you described already exists. This site is also linked to Google Earth. Go into the list of items you want displayed on Google Earth and click on Wannadive and it will put dive flags on every dive site it has listed.

- Wannadive.net - World dive site atlas

A site like the one you described already exists. This site is also linked to Google Earth. Go into the list of items you want displayed on Google Earth and click on Wannadive and it will put dive flags on every dive site it has listed.

- Wannadive.net - World dive site atlas

Love the site, I will definitely sign up, thanks for the link.

According to PADI’s Sport Diver magazine special edition “The World’s Best Diving and Resorts” it says that in about 50 days they will be coming out with a new on line feature called scubaearth.
Interesting that this post was created almost a year ago (Nov 2011) and SE has just now been made available to PADI professional members, and the version is designated a 'Beta' version.

Useful product, still needs work and tweaking over the next 6-12 months.

Yes, needs work. I was able to log only two of the 5 best dive sites I've dived. Too complicated. Flags all over the place.

Yeah there is a lot they need to get working. I am sure they will tweak it and what not, but it was really more of an alpha release I think.

Needs work. I tried looking up three local dive shops - all linkouts resulted in an error message. Most buttons either result in an error or lead you back to the start page. No way to import dives from elsewhere. Many duplicate dive sites, but no resolution mechanism: the FAQ says to just log dives on the most popular one. The annoying promo video tells us that "it's you, the diver, who creates content", but only PADI professionals can contribute or correct divesites ('ask your dive center or PADI Instructor or Divemaster to fill in the appropriate information'). They should have waited a bit longer before making this public...

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom