Zebulon Pike Table Rock Lake

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Zeb on land.jpg

More pics at http://www.facebook.com/groups/168691553201710/

Snagel

looking at this photo it might be better to just scrap her and build new. Nagel did you see this for yourself?

I really hope the restoration takes place, it would be great to see her in peak condition. Unfortunately, Mr. Morris has half of a dozen boats in a warehouse we secure that are awaiting their 'remodel'.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I know nagel has seen her docked at Long Creek Marina at Table Rock lake as have I.
It had been just sitting in the water at the marina rotting away for as long as I can remember.
Good to see it will be restored.

---------- Post Merged at 04:30 PM ---------- Previous Post was at 04:29 PM ----------

I know nagel has a bunch of pictures from a couple of years ago, he was able to board her & got a lot of cool pictures of her.

Haven't seen her recently. I stole the pictures off the facebook page dedicated to her.

As DB mentioned, I was able to get on board a few years back when she was parked in a marina. Haven't seen her since except in pics. I actually have a life preserver that was given to me when I toured the boat that says Zebulon Pike. Still sitting in the garage. I'm thinking of cleaning it up a putting in the rec room downstairs with some pictures and history notes. (When I get some time)

Snagel

looking at this photo it might be better to just scrap her and build new. Nagel did you see this for yourself?

Nothing money cannot fix. The 1.5 million I was told that was allotted to the restoration might get it done, maybe. I mean after all guys, it was floating, on it's own, just a few weeks ago, cannot be that bad huh? :wink:

N

LOL were you looking at the same boat I was? An ya 1.5 could give one hell of a new look to anything!
I went over to the zrb/hanna FB page some very nice photo's.

Bob Sommer who is I think the grandson of the guy who built the boat posted this on the facebook page:

[h=5]Just received a call from a Naval and Areospace engineer hired by Bass Pro to restore the boat. He called looking for my blueprints of her......one step closer[/h]
Snagel

This is certainly shaping up to be one heck of a project. Think they could spare some extra change to sink a sailboat in TRL? It'd be awesome to descend down a giant mast...

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom