Training questions in Dallas

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

scubatoys:
I'd like to invite you down to visit us... Not only do we have the largest facility in the area, biggest indoor heated pool - and the advantage of net pricing which is local for you... I'm sure you will find our instructors to be what you are looking for. I'm the Course Director - which means I train and hire the instructors we have - and I've got a great bunch of guys working here. The other thing our students get is free unlimited pool time if you want more time to play or practice.
Larry is great and this is the place for gear, and he takes care of his customers. Plus his inventory is awesome something breaks or goes wrong he has the stock to replace it on THE SPOT. He has saved me two times and no hassle at all!!! Only negative thing I could say was it is a hour drive for me but he can help folks online too! Also has real nice and good people working for him in the shop no high pressure sales at all. I really liked that. And the shop is HUGE!

I just got back from "Try Scuba" and I think I'm already addicted. I wish I wasn't going out of town this weekend, so we could start lessons right away. We spent about 40 minutes in the pool, first getting comfortable with the equipment in the shallow end, and then we went to the deep end. My wife and I were both able to descend right to the bottom (about 12') and then we spent a few minutes playing underwater frisbee with the instructor!:14:

I can't wait to get started with the lessons! :thumb:

Hey, someone caught the bug :) .... prepare to, from now on, start spending every non-diving minute planning when and how to go diving next -- and every last dime on getting gear, gas, training and boat-rides.

Be glad that your wife caught it too....and have a lot of fun....

Oh yeah, we've both caught it. After we got out, the instructor said it was unusual for beginners to be that comfortable in the deep end the first time. I must admit I was nervous, right up to the point my head was under water. Then it was just too cool!

DallasNewbie... glad to have you catching the scuba bug... realize there is no cure for it... the only way to fight the temptation is to go diving!!! It's a hard life to lead wanting to dive all the time, but it is a life that we live. :D

One more thing about ScubaToys..... they are sooo darn cool! After talking with them on the telephone, I was so impressed by the staff and the prices, I drove from San Antonio just to buy new gear from them. They are wonderful! Wish they were in SA... their prices beat everyone!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom