Poseidon mouthpiece

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

nikoniko

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
Hello everyone,

I recently got a Poseidon Jetstream regulator set (very lucky for a newbie, i know!) on Craiglist. AFter getting it serviced, I took it to diving and am loving it! My air consumption is soooo much better now that I'm using Poseidon. My regulator set is pretty old, I believe it was purchased in 1994-ish.

So here's my question, the mouthpiece is a bit too big and stiff for me. I believe I have the original black plastic mouthpiece.

Any suggestions on mouthpiece for Poseidon regulator? Should I get another Poseidon mouthpiece? Or would you recommend other brands?

Thank you in advance, everyone. :)

Hi there! :)

As far as I know, most brands of mouthpieces will fit the Jetstream 2nd stage. The important thing is that you find a mouthpiece that's comfortable for you to use.
I know there are a lot of Poseidon divers who buy the type of mouthpiece that you heat up and then shape it after your own mouth, as they give the best feel and functionallity.

Ooooo...The Poseidon MOUTHpiece...more like "JET INTAKE/OUTPUT"....The second stage just has a huge orifice that is one of the hallmarks of Poseidon regulators. I have fit other mouthpieces on them but it is a labor of love. Some people have heated the mouthpiece to better mold it onto the second. Good luck.

So after much research I have got the aqualung comfobite to fit on my regulator. It took a little stretching to fit it but it works!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom