SCUBA PSD Forensic Show on now. Court TV

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

It is a cable channel... sorry I didnt get back to you sooner... it was pretty good... the show just finished.. 2 teens drowned... one male confessed, but evidence found in the water proved that the confession was false... strange.. turned out to be an accidental drowning.

I thought the funniest part of that show was when they were talking about how they NEVER dive in dams, because of the danger involved, and then what do they do? Send a diver into the dam, not once, but TWICE. And on open circuit scuba, no less. Mask and reg almost ripped out of his mouth. Brilliant... DOnt you think it would have been a wee bit safer with a FFM or a hardhat with SSA???

No kidding... They even said not diving in the dam was in their SOP's that they had. Hmmm... if they were going to do it anyway, why have it in there? I guess that the commander can always change the rules.. oh well...

Yeah, SSA would have been better I think, especially with a hard hat.. if there is so much current in the water, and undertow, you dont want a tank and BC to get in the way. Hopefully they see that for future calls. Personally I would not do a dam dive, but that is me... if someone else has training and has done it before, they can have it. I will hold the tender line... :D

It is best to consider any dam dive a commercial dive.

This means full cooperation of the dam operator, surface supplied gas, FFM or helmet with hard wire comms, full hazard analysis, etc.

Even then it is best to use a commercial contractor who is regularly diving dams as there are tricks and traps that are not always obvious.

Lots of ways for a dam to kill you.

watercop:
I guess that the commander can always change the rules..

The father of the girl that drowned was a Highway Patrolman, they may have felt comraderie pressure for a fellow officer.

For those that missed it, the show is called "The System" and the episode was "Troubled Waters". I believe Court TV sells re-runs on tape/dvd much like the History Channel does for it's shows.

I also recommend checking out the History Channel's "Deep Sea Detectives", there was an episode about the Navy salvage team that did the recoveries of several japanese teenage tourists. That episode was called "Death in the Pacific." Here is a synopsis:

On February 9, 2001, the commander of the nuclear submarine USS Greeneville ordered a spontaneous surfacing drill to impress a group of on-board civilians. But when the 7,000-ton vessel broke the surface, it collided with the Ehime Maru, a Japanese fishing trawler carrying high school students on a research trip. The Maru sank quickly, taking nine people with it.

DEATH IN THE PACIFIC traces the aftermath of this tragedy, focusing on the massive effort to recover the bodies of the victims. Host John Chatterton travels to Hawaii to see how the Navy pulled off one of the greatest salvage operations in history. With never-before-seen footage and interviews with high-ranking officials involved in the mission, DEEP SEA DETECTIVES offers a riveting look at how the Maru was recovered the sea floor, 2,000 feet down.

I know this is a older post but

I was looking for this show and cant find any listings for it does any one know if its still on or was this a one time deal or what?

Sparky

Looks like Court TV doesn't run that show any longer. No listings for The System on their website.

Back
Top Bottom