waterproof dry suit

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

lambroskol

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
hello everyone,

i am about to buy my first dry suit, i am diving in Greece and i found in a store here waterproof D7 pro iss for 1000 euros and D10 for 800 euros. i havent used dry suit before and i would like your advise about those two dry suits. i m not also familiar with the difference between neopren and trilaminate dry suits, does it worth 200 euros more the trilaminate? If someone experienced with dry suits have any advice about those two it would be very helpful.

thank you very much.

ps the store is : - edive.gr

I haven't seen the Waterproof suits but they look rugged.

As for neoprene vs trilam - there are pro's and cons's for both types and ultimately it often boils down to personal preference, your budget and the type of diving you do. I don't have any experience with neoprene suits so I shall just express a personal opinion in the hope that neoprene drysuit users will provide some balance as I'm biased towards trilam suits.

Here's my opinion (and that's all it is) go trilam.

The main advantage of a trilam is that it is neutrally buoyant in the water * and warmth is provided by a choice of undergarments.(undersuits ). Because the diver needs to provide the undergarments this means that the suit itself provides no thermal warmth. This means that you can use the suit in the Red sea wearing minimal exposure protection, or in the UK for example wearing heavier thermal protection - the suit gives you flexibility in what you choose to stay warm.

A second advantage is that a trilam is often lighter and drys quicker - important if you travel a lot.

A neoprene suit is intrinsically warmer (and often much heavier for travel) so for me it gives less flexibillity in its range of use but you'd probably save a bit of money because you would not need much extra in an undersuit and it is easier to repair and maintain than a trilam.

* Buoyancy characteristics of suits is something you might want to investigate.
Hope that helps!

First of all thank you very much for the help.

should i quess that trilam because of the neutral buoyancy needs less weight or depending of the undergarments can be the same with neoprene? Diving with 5mm wet suit i need 2 kg and i would like to keep weight as less as possible when i ll dive dry. the water temperature here in Greece its not getting bellow 12-14 degrees celcium.

Something else i would like to ask if someone have any experience is how it feels underwater the colar D7 has in order to keep in place the silicon seal, when i tried it on the store i could feel it on my shoulders and i m worried if when i will wear the BCD the colar will be annoying.

Dear dbulmer,
thank you for the link the article is great! it is amazing guide to introduce someone to the dry suits

Hello,

i tried again waterproof D7 outside the water in order to check the size and i could feel the silicone colar on my shoulders, outside the water i can feel it without bothering me, but i m worried if it will be bothering inside the water with the weight of the BCD and being in horizontal position.

If someone have used WATERPROOF D7 DRY SUIT and can give some feedback it would be very helpfull.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom