Whites Releases Fusion ONE Drysuit!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Justin, thank you. I would love to see one of the new Fusions so that I could convince my LDS to sell them. As it is an A.L. dealer, I know it can sell Whites but the owner seems to have had a problem with Whites and now says he won't sell anything from Whites!

BUT, he told me he wouldn't sell DSS gear either and now, 3 years later, he finds himself not only being a dealer but being a successful one. Perhaps there is hope for Whites too.

Interesting. There are just so many benefits to the product, as you know. If he does become interested there is a seperate application process even though he is a an AQ dealer.

Thanks for the continued support!

---------- Post Merged at 01:46 PM ---------- Previous Post was at 01:44 PM ----------

Peter,

My AOW class last weekend, myself, two CA's and all 6 students were in Fusions. Three of the students were also learning to use drysuits. Goodness they make it easy.

Is your store a Fusion PLUS dealer? With the new program there is a sales incentive for the students you train in Fusion Drysuits.

Check this out: http://whitesdiving.com/fusionplus

Cheers,

Justin

---------- Post Merged at 01:52 PM ---------- Previous Post was at 01:44 PM ----------

I am 155 pounds, 5'7", 31" waist, 36" hips, 31" inseam, 40" chest, 5th vertebrae to top of hips is 21", 22" from my armpit to my wrist and 30" from my shoulder to my wrist.

Thanks for your help and the extra information. I'm glad to know about the valves. I look forward to seeing one in person.

You look to be a fairly standard S/M size.

There are a few things that can affect how you fell in the suit. First, if you tried the Bullet skin on it is more tight that the Tech, Sport or ONE due to the added armor. Many people feel the other models fit them better.

Also some people initially find the compression skin a little weird but quickly get used to it.

Also, did you don the suit correctly? Check out our instruction video just to be sure. If you don't get the inner core situated properly it can affect the feeling:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PEuhIvBjaMs&feature=youtube_gdata_player

I would not go for a L/XL in you case.

Cheers,

Justin

You look to be a fairly standard S/M size.

There are a few things that can affect how you fell in the suit. First, if you tried the Bullet skin on it is more tight that the Tech, Sport or ONE due to the added armor. Many people feel the other models fit them better.

Also some people initially find the compression skin a little weird but quickly get used to it.

Also, did you don the suit correctly? Check out our instruction video just to be sure. If you don't get the inner core situated properly it can affect the feeling:

Donning the Fusion Drysuit - YouTube

I would not go for a L/XL in you case.

Cheers,

Justin

Both suits I've tried were Fusion Tech suits. It looks like I might have had the suspenders too tight, but I'd have to try it out again.

Thanks for your help.

Both suits I've tried were Fusion Tech suits. It looks like I might have had the suspenders too tight, but I'd have to try it out again.

Thanks for your help.

I forgot to mention that. One some of the earlier models the suspenders could actually pull through the guard which made the suit feel to tight. Check the suspender tabs in the front - they should attache below the slit in the core, not above it.

Cheers,

Justin

I forgot to mention that. One some of the earlier models the suspenders could actually pull through the guard which made the suit feel to tight. Check the suspender tabs in the front - they should attache below the slit in the core, not above it.

Cheers,

Justin

Yup, and an easy fix for those with the earlier models is to install weight keepers on the suspenders below the guard. Works great to keep the suspenders from pulling through.

Bill

I do find it helps to go horizontal on the surface, before diving, and blow the suit up a bit. Then I stretch my arms WAY out in front of me and wriggle, and make sure the suit has distributed itself properly. (BTW, I had to do this on all my prior suits, too -- it's not a Fusion thing.)

The concept of a "perfect fit" from a custom suit is a tasty one, but in my own personal experience, and the experience of MANY friends, the only thing you get with a custom suit is one that doesn't fit you differently from the off-the-rack ones. I don't know anyone who has gotten a custom suit from ANY manufacturer, who hasn't had to send it back a couple of times to get it right. My own story was a nightmare -- in the end, I didn't end up with a workable suit, and I ended up spending enough to have bought two fully tricked out Fusions at full retail.

Cheers,

Justin

Good to know. That seems very likely as both of the suits were the first ones of the ind this area had seen. I'll keep that in mind when I try the S/M out again within the next two weeks.

Yup, and an easy fix for those with the earlier models is to install weight keepers on the suspenders below the guard. Works great to keep the suspenders from pulling through.

Bill

A simple fix. Thanks for the idea.

I do find it helps to go horizontal on the surface, before diving, and blow the suit up a bit. Then I stretch my arms WAY out in front of me and wriggle, and make sure the suit has distributed itself properly. (BTW, I had to do this on all my prior suits, too -- it's not a Fusion thing.)

The concept of a "perfect fit" from a custom suit is a tasty one, but in my own personal experience, and the experience of MANY friends, the only thing you get with a custom suit is one that doesn't fit you differently from the off-the-rack ones. I don't know anyone who has gotten a custom suit from ANY manufacturer, who hasn't had to send it back a couple of times to get it right. My own story was a nightmare -- in the end, I didn't end up with a workable suit, and I ended up spending enough to have bought two fully tricked out Fusions at full retail.

Thank you for extending your experience in this matter. Paying for a custom suit was not something I was looking forward to. Because I have longer arms than most of my similarly sized friends, I've had trouble finding many items that fit just right. I hope that I can fit into a stock suit.

TSandM, do you still use the XS scuba pocket shorts with your sport skin? I have a pair of those I wear with my wet suits and I thought I recalled that you used them too. Have you ever had any issues with them. I would think that they might help me feel a little less droopy than the tech skin with pockets loaded out.

I use X-shorts with my Fusion that has the Sport skin (that's my travel suit, because it's light and dries quickly). The only issue I have had with them is that the stitching on the pockets ends up cutting the pocket fabric, and I have to repair the pockets from time to time. Doesn't really matter now, because my understanding is that they only have size small left at Dive X-tras. I've never seen the XS Scuba shorts, so I don't know if they have the same problem.

Whether you use the shorts or the Tech skin, you're going to have some sagging. It's not an issue when I have my rig on, because the crotch strap supports everything, and I don't generally do a lot of walking around with the suit on without the gear. But the X-shorts will head for the ground if you do walk much with anything in the pockets. I actually prefer the small amount of sagging from the Tech skin, myself.

Whites Justin,

Thank you for the video link. I test dove the Fusion Sport again this past weekend and so much of my previous discomfort had to do with user error. I do think the S/M size will work. It might still be on the cusp, but a much better fit.

Glad it worked out :)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom