Who's going to the GA Dive Show Nov 30th & Dec 1st? @ Conv Ctr HOW ABOUT A SB HH???

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Did someone say party? I'm planning on checking the show out, I got my free ticket some time ago.

A couple things.... Free tickets are still available - or where a few minutes ago (10/27/12)

So this is our first dive show...dive anything...we are looking at making a weekend of it and some special events in Atlanta. The Show was an excuse to go! So if I understand correctly they do not sell any equipment at the event? I was looking for possible special show pricing, or deals... thoughts? I do a lot of trade shows and really am not interested in going and seeing booths, without the ability to walk away with anything. I may be naive...as a new diver...it may be great education...anything else anyone would recommend? I guess the lack of accessible info on the site makes me wonder.

As for the expense...as a vendor for other types of shows I pay up to $1500 for a 10x10 booth space and people pay $10 to $15 to get in. One thing this does is place the clientele in a different bracket and eliminates those who aimlessly wander by picking up all the free stuff with no real interest in diving.

Well, we're definitely not going now that we made travel plans for Cozumel that week. It would have been a conveniently located show for us, though.

Hmmmm maybe I can make it.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

It was poorly attended in my opinion. I was there for Silent Diving, and got to hang out with my buddy Chris Richardson from EDGE... a few booths looked busy but a couple of friends that live in the area said there was very little promotion for the show.

the Vendor List seems to have a whole lot more vendors added than originally. :thumb:

still a LOT of them travel related.

Current List of Exhibitors More to come....​
Aqua Lung
St. Croix Scuba
Beqa Lagoon
Dive Paradise
Dive Capital
Oympus Dive Center
Light and Motion
Posiden
Bottom Crawlers
Coltri Sub
Mango Inn
ARENUI the Boutique Liveaboard
Dive Provo
Worlds Best
Cayman Islands
SeaLife Cameras
Edge Dive Gear
Utila Dive Ventures
Divers Alert Network
CoCo View
Mares Diving Equipement
Scuba Board
Equinox Housings
Ocean Encounters
Silent Diving
Roatan Charter
Wreck Dive Magazine
SDI/TDI
Antony Key Resort
Garrad Underwater Educators
Scuba Sports
Nai'a Fiji
Yucatek Divers
Paradise Taveuni Resort
Waidroka Bay Resort
Turquoise Bay Resort
St. George Caye Resort
Mayan Prices Resort
MSY Seahorse
Live Aboard Atlantis Resort
Ocean Hunter
Azores Liveaboard
Fish N Fins
Spirit of Freedom
Lockwood Scuba
Loves Park Scuba
NSSCDS
Cylinder and Valve
Dive Caddy

It was poorly attended in my opinion. I was there for Silent Diving, and got to hang out with my buddy Chris Richardson from EDGE... a few booths looked busy but a couple of friends that live in the area said there was very little promotion for the show.

A friend of mine attended and was underwhelmed. He enjoyed talking with a few folks, but said he was glad he got a free ticket. He said he would have been upset if he had paid the full admission price. I decided not to attend after seeing the VERY limited listing of equipment exhibitors. Several years ago I attended a similar event in Atlanta (forgot the event name) and there were representatives from most of the major equipment folk. That was a worthwhile show. However, after seeing the limited number and type of exhibitors for this show, I decided not to invest the time and expense to attend. From what my friend tells me, that was a wise decision.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom