Article: How Not to Annoy Your Boatmates

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

how about some tips for seasick ppl and how to act in that case?

It goes over the side - not in the Boat Head.
Do it on the leeward (non-windy side)
Don't wait to get on the boat to put on your patch / armbands, take your meds, etc

Don't be embarrassed - you are not the first, and will not be the last to loose the battle of the rolling waves!

Please don't get sick in the head! That happened on a trip I was on. The yuck kept coming back up into the bowl. Not fun as a female drysuit diver with no pee-valve forced to use the head after each dive to relieve my miniature bladder. Hard enough undressing with drysuit and undergarments in a tiny head, so much worse with yuck in the toilet.

You forgot the most important suggestion of all - how not to annoy your boatmates:

1. Stay home!

All those tips are merely sub-sections under the general guideline of "don't be a d**k" and if you don't know how to not be a d**k in general... you're probably not reading articles such as this.

Buy your own boat.:acclaim:

If they complain you don't have oxygen, suggest they dive commercial.

Let divers know if you plan to chum the water with fish guts. :wink:

Just one thing.. Since when is the rinse thank for cameras and not masks? Every boat ive been on its been for both (although lots of people, me included, preferr NOT to put the camera in the tank)

The boats I've been on have always had both - mask rinse tank and camera rinse tank. The explanation I heard was that the various anti-fog chemicals used on masks isn't the best stuff to get on camera housings.

Back
Top Bottom