Things you've found under water

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

scott's dime.jpgscott's finds 9.3.2012.jpg
This is what I found today - 7 half dollars, 3 1917's7's 2-1920's 1 1935 and 1 1932, 1 half of a standing liberty quarter, 1 1935 quarter, 1 nickle cant read the date, lots of old pennies, 1 silver coin small dime size with Latin writing bust on one side, crown on back date looks like 1700 something? but not sure and various other odds and ends

Found an almost new 6-ft fiberglass step ladder in very good condition under a bridge. Folded it up and continued the dive.

I found a mask and snorkel on the 3rd finger of the Yaquina Bay Jetty a couple of weeks ago and I'm contacting Eugene Skin Divers Supply because the mask has a "custom" ESDS strap on it. I hope the person who lost it claims it. I hate losing stuff!

Scotts finds 9.7.12.jpg
Coke bottle from 1950's, CLICQUOT bottle from 1920's, wob-l-rite lure, first confirmation necklace, brass pin, 1912 barber 1/2 dollar, 2 - standing liberty quarters 1920 and 1927, 1 merc dime, 3- Wheaties, brass pin , a sinker, and a cut glass punch bowl cup

I found a mask and snorkel on the 3rd finger of the Yaquina Bay Jetty a couple of weeks ago and I'm contacting Eugene Skin Divers Supply because the mask has a "custom" ESDS strap on it. I hope the person who lost it claims it. I hate losing stuff!

Hey, guess what?!!!! I did contact ESDS about the "mask and snorkel" - and do you know what they/I found because of it? A/my misplaced/forgotten HP 3442 Steel 100 tank that had been hydro'd in March 2012 - 6 months ago!!!!! They opened it up and redid the visual, but I been thinking all the way through the summer - I feel short a tank (I have 10 or is it 12?). LOL !!!

Anyways, I wanted to let you all know that reporting a lost item got a very expensive item of mine found!

It was 1995 and I was in Bermuda, actually doing a little bit of snorkeling from Port Royal Bay, an inlet bay next to Horseshoe Bay. As I snorkeled about and timed my entry through a small swim-thru a silvery glint caught my eye. Several more passes and it was evident this treasure was somewhat deeply and firmly entrenched, but resolute and determined to arrest it from its mooring I dived repeatedly. I was able to grasp it eventually, but extricating it from its wet, sandy grave proved a bit of a challenge. Not being the greatest of breath holders, and excited by the occasion of finding treasure, let alone so close to shore, I continued my dives all the time being careful to avoid bashing my skull on the roof of rock above me. Finally, I was able to wrest it from its entrenchment and out into a more open area where I guided it back through the narrow opening and into the calmer bay area and onto dry land. It was there that I was able to fully appreciate my find.... an aluminum chaise lounge, you know, the kind with woven nylon webbing. It couldn't have been submerged for long, so I braved the elements once again and returned it to its Davy Jones' type grave site for some future encounter with another "diver". Oh, and I also found a Sterling Silver wrist bracelet on the same dive. Also, a mask in the Bahamas and a 2 pound weight in the USVI. I may haveseen more, but I never realized it as I'm always enamored by the beauty of the sea. Here's Port Royal Bay (Horseshoe is adjacent and to the left)
HshoePR1.jpg

back in a finding things phase, a mask in good condition and a reel.

Scotthowe where in the heck do you dive???!!

back in a finding things phase, a mask in good condition and a reel.

Scotthowe where in the heck do you dive???!!
Up state NY not far from COOPERSTOWN(home of Baseball hall of fame) There are many lakes and rivers that pepole traveld and vacationed on for hundeds of years, not uncommon to find arrow heads around here.Waiting to head to fla soon to hunt .Thanks for the interest SCOTT

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom